Krii7y - Birthday Boy

Smii7y never liked to celebrate his birthday.

In fact, he never told John when it was. Sure, he felt a little guilty about not telling the person he lives and shares a life with about his birthday; but in his defence, John never asked, and for that, Smii7y was grateful.

John, however, always felt guilty the second the year ended and his love never got wished a happy birthday. No birthday dinner. No special birthday cuddles.

John was helpless. Especially in the fact that Smii7y always wished him a happy birthday and did all of those things.

So one day, John finally snuck a glance at his boyfriend's drivers license while he was getting coffee for them from down the street.

John hesitated at first, remembering when Smii7y had told him to respect his privacy and not look for his birthday.

"I'm sorry love," John whispered to himself, feeling the heavy guilt as he reached into his boyfriend's white sweatshirt that was hanging by the door. "But I need to do this."

His hand finally found the thin piece of plastic in the hoodie pocket. Slowly, he pulled out the card and gently held it in his hands. He knew Smii7y would be mad, betrayed even, but John couldn't handle not being able to celebrate his lover's birthday every year.

"Huh, would you look at that," John scoffed as he finally read the date on the licence. "Guess who's turning 22 today."

John continued to hold the card in his hands, admiring the blurry photo, and just wondering if he should do something special for Smii7y.

The quiet moment was lost to the doorknob wiggling and the faint sound of keys jingling on the other side. This quickly put John into a panic as he fumbled with putting the card back into the hoodie pocket and trying to calm his nerves and look relaxed.

"Hey babe!" Smii7y happily shouted as he closed the door and took off his shoes, two coffee cups in hand. "I finally got the coffee! Sorry for being so long there was a li-" Smii7y abruptly stopped when he saw his beloved hoodie sitting on the couch next to a slightly red and tense John. "What's going on?"

"Nothing!" John squeaked out, jumping up to hug his, at the moment, very confused boyfriend.

"John... what did you do..?" Smii7y asked suspiciously.

"What do you mean? I didn't do anything."

"You're acting weird."

"Am not!"

"What were you doing with my sweatshirt?" Smii7y finally brought the attention back to article of clothing the was about three feet away from its designated hook near the door.

"I was-" he hesitated, contemplating if he should tell the truth. "I missed you and the hoodie smelled like you...?"

Smii7y rolled his eyes. "Yeah right, tell me the truth. Please?" He gave John his best subtle puppy eyes.

John was quiet for a moment, taking in a deep breath trying to gain courage while Smii7y was still begging with his big eyes. John felt so bad for betraying his adorable boyfriend, but he just needed to know.

They were quiet for too long, longer than Smii7y thought he could take.

"John-" Smii7y began but was quickly cut off by John.

"Happy birthday love," he whispered.

Smii7y's eyes went wide and he paled, backing away a step from John.

"Did you... really look at my birthday...?" He whispered. Why would he do that?! He knows how I feel about my birthday! He mentally screamed, still staring at John with wide eyes.

"Yes, and I'm sorry, but I just couldn't take another year of celebrating mine but not yours! I just want to be able to spoil you on your birthday, even if you don't want all pampering. Please just... let me do this for you, and I promise I won't ever be like your family, ever. I love you, so, so much Smii7y."

Smii7y thought back to all the horrible birthdays in his life. All the tears, the yelling. But then he thought about the person right in front of him. The one that saved him from all of that. Maybe he should give John a chance.

"Alright," he finally whimpers. "I'll let you celebrate my birthday this year. I'm trusting you."

John's smile was worth everything to Smii7y when he jumped for joy and hugged him, spinning him and cheering.

"Happy birthday my little milkbag!" John smiled. "How about we cuddle and watch movies all day then go to a semi-fancy dinner? Then I have a special birthday present after that."

Smii7y went red at the words and the smirk plastered on John's face.

"I love you too, you wonderful weirdo."