The Last Page

She stared at the pages on the table. They looked so captivating, even when the only source in her dim room was the blue table lamp.

Eyes glistening with tears, that were threatening to fall anytime, she let out a shaky breath and closed the notebook shut. She didn't expect it to end like this.

But in the end, we all have to accept whatever the fate offers.

One thing she realized was that love is not something you can search for and find. It is something that finds you itself and never lets go.

She stood up from her seat and walked to the door. She slowly twisted the doorknob open. A squeaky sound of the door followed and led her to a dark living room.

She wondered why the lights were off, clearly remembering that she left them on before entering the room.

As soon as her hands lunged over the switchboard and the living room was lit again,

"SURPRISE!" 

She jumped in surprise. The room was adorned with silk balloons, small colourful confetties were now flying all over the place, covering her hair too.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

All her friends were there, holding a birthday banner and shouting all the greetings. The cake on the table didn't go unnoticed. She instantly smiled looking at them. 

'They remember..' she thought to herself and now her eyes were smiling too.

"Happy birthday, Jisu." A soft voice spoke from behind. She turned back, only to be met with him.

✧✧✧

He rested his cheek on the palm of his hand as he watched her coming towards him, the couch on which he was laying, and taking a seat beside him.

Their friends left an hour ago. Now they had decided to spend the time together.

He opened his arms for her. Without wasting a second, she snuggled up closer in his chest.

"I missed you."

"I missed you too," he said, resting his chin on top of her head. "In fact, I missed you more."

She hit his chest playfully and he chuckled.

"You planned this surprise, right?" She spoke, touching her nose with his. He nodded, pulling her closer.

"Why? Did you not like it?" He asked, a small pout forming a way to his lips. She smiled and kissed that pout before shaking her head.

"I loved it."

"Then why are you sad?" He asked again, voice coated with concern. She sighed and sat up straight. There was so much going on in her brain, she needed to say it.

"Soobin, I read a book today. It was of a girl named Lia. She wanted to get over her ex-boyfriend."

Soobin furrowed his brows, "And?"

"His name was Soobin too..." she frowned at her own words, but decided to continue since he was listening intently, "That Soobin left his Lia. She realised that some people can stay in your heart, but not in your life."

She laid back on the couch, getting overwhelmed with everything she read. Never in her life Jisu wanted to go through what Lia had. That was her only fear.

"No." He cut her off by cupping her cheeks, "I know what you're thinking. That Soobin was a different Soobin. No matter what the circumstances are, I can't even think of living without you, Jisu."

He slowly leaned in, speaking barely in a whisper, "I will not leave you. Never."

Jisu smiled after looking into his innocent eyes. Eyes that sparkled differently this time. Eyes that held magic in them, magic in which she wanted to drown herself. 

Just as every romantic movie, she thought they were going to kiss but all her hopes were shattered once he tackled her in a tickle session. She didn't even notice when he climbed on top of her and now she had to pay for it.

Her laughter was the only sound that could be heard that time. "Soo- Soobin stop! It t-tickles!" She managed to say between her laughs. Tears welled up in her eyes as she couldn't handle it anymore.

He grinned and satisfied with the session, he stopped. She was still laughing because of the aftermath but slowed down once he buried his face in her neck and hugged her ever so tightly.

"I love you and that's the beginning and end of everything," he mumbled against her neck, "I'm going to love you in your weakest moments to your strongest ones. I'm going to love you when you're happy and I'm still going to love you if you're sad. Do you understand? I'm here, and I'm not going anywhere."

She absorbed his every word, grazing her fingers through his silky hair. "I love you too."

She realised that love indeed comes to you itself. Her love came with him. 

The only thing she knew that moment was; doesn't matter if he never came, he never will, but it wasn't her Soobin who left.

Jisu's Soobin never left. He never will.

The End