Interview [STARCAST]

Magsimula sa umpisa

“I was really pleased that we can make our stages directly communicating with fans. We held the concerts in Korea and also in Japan. In a way making concert tour in abroad was a strain for us due to a language barrier. However, fans singing along the songs made me feel so happy” (JIMIN)

“To me, the stage at ‘MAMA’ is the most memorable. When I performed on ‘MAMA’, I felt I have grown up. I came to think that ‘finally we are on the awards stage’. So happy and excited.” (J-HOPE)

“Actually we have appeared on most of the awards stages, except ‘MAMA’. It was honor to participate in one of the hottest awards. We also collaborated with BLOCKB. It was like building a career for our resume.” (RAP MONSTER)

“The most pleasing moment for me is when we were nominated as a candidate for the top spot of the music program. We got perfect score from text message voting, which was as surprise to us. At that time the song ‘Some’ took the top spot. Of course I was wistful but it was good enough being nominated as a candidate.” (V)

③When is the saddest moment in 2014? = If there are good memories, there are sad ones also. In retrospect, there are rough moments. But members agreed that time heals all wounds. They have not won the first place on music program yet and feel it’s far short of the goal, which make them a little bit sad.

“Nothing actually is sad, except that it was hard to do albums all through this year. I was exhausted both physically and mentally. If I have to do all again, perhaps I cannot, haha.” (SUGA)

“If I must say, the saddest moment is when we didn’t win the ranking. I have mixed feelings of joy and sorrow. I said I am not expecting to win but actually I was. But the song ‘Some’ was really good enough to win. We can win next year.” (V)

“There are some moments that suddenly feel that “we are not enough yet”. I thought we have run so much but still, it feels like there is a long way to go. When I met someone or I feel that indirectly, I used to be at a loss.” (RAP MONSTER)

④What is the most memorable stage in 2014? = They were so busy making various performances on different stages. Among them, which one is the most memorable stage for BTS? Most of the members picked their first exclusive concert. They were impressed by making their own stages with fans.

“We held our first concert this year. We have been working very hard with our hearts fluttered in anticipation. Making the first concert in domestic, we were bewildered, thinking ‘we are eventually having a real concert’. Shouting ‘Bangtan Bangtan BangBangtan’ before coming on the stage was so exciting.” (JIN)

“From when practicing to right before hitting the stage, it was full of excitement. What I always say is that ‘if a real singer, should hold a concert’, which became a reality. So it abides in my memory. I felt like I became a real singer.” (SUGA)

“For the concert, we performed 24 songs. Actually our choreography is so extreme that it was a little bit scared, worrying whether we can really do it. But after the concert, I felt much better just like I successfully did bungee jump.” (RAP MONSTER)

“It was so great because it was totally our own stage. I really enjoyed it. We went to have a dinner together after the concert, and I felt much relieved.” (JIMIN)

⑤When is the most impressive moment for BTS in 2014? = It’s been a really hectic year. They couldn’t remember the every moment. ‘American Hustle Life’, meanwhile, became the program that gave BTS the most impressive moment as well as time to take a break.

“We have met Coolio in ‘American Hustle Life’. It is a memorable scene that will never be forgotten. We cooked and sang before him, which is very impressive moment for us.” (J-HOPE)