Part 6

Tobias slips through the half open door of my bedroom, and sits next to me on my bed. I still can't remember how we related, although he told me some things, but I didn't quite believe him. I still feel awkward every time he's too close, that can't be love, can it?

He smiles a little and asks: "How are you feeling?"

"Okay" I reply, trying to smile a little, to make him feel better, but I'm not sure it worked. He sighs and looks over my shoulder, out of the window.

After a long silence he says: "I miss you."

"I'm sitting right next to you." I reply a bit confused.

"No I mean, I miss the old you, the one, that loved me."

For a second I don't know what to say, so I decide for the easiest and most impersonal one: "Sorry."

"It's okay," he says "not your fault."

I smile a little and he looks me directly into my eyes. After what seemes like ages of lasting silence he says quietly: "Can I just kiss you one more time?"

I'm tempted to say 'no' immediately, but then I remember the hurt look in his eyes every time I disappointed him, so I say: "Okay." Not because I particularly want to kiss him, but because I feel like I owe him something, for taking away the girl, he once so loved.

He slowly approaches my face, my cheeks in his warm hands, and slowly fits his mouth to mine. I feel the gentle pressure of his lips on mine.

And finally I remember.