Part 2

I look around and am a bit confused. I have no idea where I am. Someone comes towards me and a quiet voice inside my head chants 'Caleb' over and over again. I decide to trust it and say: "Caleb?"

"Beatrice?" the boy answers "What happened?"

'Who is Beatrice?' I think.

"I don't know" I reply flatly, because that's the full truth.

"What? What are you talking about? Why don't you know what happened?" Caleb asks me with an expression, so clueless, I almost laugh. Almost.

"I just don't know" I say again, I don't know why he looks at me with that questioning look. What should I know?

My blank expression must have told him something because suddenly his asking look changes into a worried, knowing look.

"Oh no!" he says "No, no, no, no, no! Beatrice did you inoculate yourself with the antidote earlier today?"

"For what?" I ask, because I really have no clue at all, what he was talking about.

"You didn't, did you? Oh no, that's not good at all! Come on, we need to get help!" at that he takes me by my arm and drags me down a dozen of hallways with him, I've never seen before in my life.

After about five minutes walking, three people come round a corner. My brain whispers 'Tobias' and 'Christina' and there is a third person, a boy, probably my age, with shiny hair and a puzzled look on his face. I don't recognise him, so I turn to the other two, the boy looks like he's a bit older than me and is really handsome. He probably is Tobias, as my brain told me, and I decide to trust it, because it was right about Caleb earlier.

Next to Tobias there is a girl, who is about the same age as I am, I guess. She has brown skin and about my hair length - Christina, probably.

They both start towards us and Tobias says: "Tris!"

'Who the hell is Tris now?' I think, when I hear Caleb say into my ear: "That's you" and then louder to Tobias, Christina and the boy I don't know: "She inhaled some of the memory serum. She forgot to inoculate herself with the antidote earlier. I'm sorry. I don't know how much she remembers, but it could be something due to her strong serum resistance."

I understand only half of the things he just said. Tobias reaches up and puts one hand to my cheek, at what I dive back enough for his hand to hang in mid air. I don't know him 'Why did he just touch me?' I think 'Is that how you greet strangers here?'

He steps back, looking hurt but I don't know why, all I know, is that I'm extremely tired and all I want to do, is go to bed.