We might never make it in time.

And if we don't.

Then,

We belong to the maze.

We become griever food.

But those who are in the maze at night, get stuck.

They aren't coming back.

《NEWT POV》

Watching her leave, it always sent my heart and mind racing. The thought of her not coming back to Emmy, back to me. It always made me worry. But, she was better than Minho.

I knew she would come back, just like she has done for every day.

"Hey Newt!"

I turn around, noticing Zart waving his hand in the air. I make my way towards him, not turning my head to look back at the maze doors again.

"What's going on?" I ask.

Zart smile and pulled up a carrot from the ground. My eye brows raised and my eyes widened in surprise at the sheer size of it.

"That's twice the size of all the others!" I exclaim.

He nods with a smile, "I know, but I'm not sure why it's like that. All of the others are still the same normal old size."

I nod my head, putting my hands on my hips as I think of what to do.

"I think I'll tell Alby and YN when she gets back. They might know why it's like that. Are there any others-"

The sound of a scream startles me, and instantly I turn towards the sound.

"Emmy."

All of the boys in the Glade instantly stopped what they were doing, and began to run towards the sound of her screams.

The box.

I felt my blood run cold as I see Nick holding a machete, with his arm around her. He was waving it around as we got closer, before he places it in her throat.

"ANOTHER STEP CLOSER AND SHE DIES!" He yelled.

"Nick, Mate. Put it down-"

"SLIM IT NEWT! You're just her little lap dog, and I don't take orders from anyone." He growled menacingly at me.

"Now if you want her to live, open the doors, and get the rope." He snarled, "NOW!"

Two Gladers opened the door slowly, while Winston went to grab the rope.

"Why are you doing this?" Alby asked.

Nick rolled his eyes, "Why am I doing this? Well. Let's see. I was given a task from the moment I woke up in the shocking box, it was planted in my brain. So since it was the only thing I knew, I followed it. And now, once it's done, I'll be given freedom. I'll be able to leave this place."

Winston came up behind me, the rope in his hands. But it was all tangled up, so he was trying to untangle it. As he untangled it, some of the loops fell to the ground by my feet.

"What task?" I ask.

Nick grinned sickeningly at me, one that sent shivers down my spine.

"To kill her, for WICKED."

《YOUR POV》

Nothing felt better than coming back into the Glade and being able to put your feet up to rest. But the moment I ran in, I remembered what I had said.

The banishment, its was going to happen.

I felt guilty, but he needed to go.

Minho bumped his shoulder against mine, knocking me back into reality.

"What do you thinks going on?" He asked, pointing towards the crowd of Gladers surround the box doors.

"Maybe the box came up early?"

He shook his head, and we both started jogging towards the box.

But, time seemed to slow down.

It felt like I was watching everything happen, outside of my body I guess. Like I was numb, motionless.

But it was moving, slowly.

And all I could do was watch and scream.

I had noticed him first in the crowd, just like every other day. He is what I saw first.

Next, I saw my beautiful baby girl, Emmy. She looked so scared.

And Nick. He was behind her.

Within in instant, my ears began to ring, my heart began to slow to a stop.

And my lungs begged for air.

But all I could do was watch,

as they begun to fall.

## 0-0 Did, did I just do that?

Yes. Yes I did.

Anyways, I am teeeeerrribly sorry about the very late update!

I've been doing other things, meaning that I wasn't really into TMR and was into other things.

But I'm back now!

I don't know how long for-

BUT I AM HERE!

So I hope you liked this update, and thank you for reading this story.

Also.

No asking for updates, because it makes me not want to wright the story, so yeah.  Please don't ask for one!

Anyway, I made a Thomas Brodie Sangster wallpaper so if you wanna see it go check out my wallpapers book thing, it would be on the very last chapter probably. Or the one titled Thomas Brodie Sangster.

Which, speaking of wallpapers.

I am going to try and take requests for that I guess? Like if you want a specific actor-actress or character, I can possibly make you one! Just either private message me or put it on my page. All my walls can be found on the link in my bio, but I have no idea if the link works.......

No ones told me if it does or doesn't.

Anyway!

Merry Christmas!

-Padfoot🐾