Awakening

Yoshikage Kira suddenly jolted awake....

He stared right up at a pure white ceiling above him...

What is this?

Kira began to move and stretch his body out on, what he assumed to be, a bed he was laying on. His body felt super sore, which made him incredibly uncomfortable. He hadn't been THIS sore before. Whatever happened to his usual bed routine? He then sat up in bed and looked around the mysterious place he woke up in. The place around him was small and was a unpleasant white color. It only housed a bed with a metal desk and chair. Kira instantly realized that he wasn't home. No, he wasn't even in Moriho... Memories suddenly flooded his mind. Didn't he just die because of that stupid group of teenagers?! How was he even awake? He clearly remembered being run over by a goddamn ambulance, of all things. He had so many questions...

Suddenly a knock was heard at his door.

"Excuse my disturbance!" A voice said before the door opened and in came a small woman. She had short icy blue hair and had bangs that weirdly covered her eyes. Kira couldn't even see her eye color due to her bangs being in the way. She wore a white coat with a black turtleneck which was tucked into a pair of white work pants. She also wore black heels which made her seem a bit taller than her actual height.

"Ah, I knew you'd be awake." The woman spoke. She approached Kira slowly, being sure not to immediately scare him "I'm sure you have lots of questions, don't worry about it you'll get them answered. First off, my name is Chaeyoung Jeon, but you may refer to me as Sapphire." Sapphire said. She held out her hand to Kira. Hesitantly, he shook her hand and immediately retracted his hand, remaining very suspicious of this woman. Sapphire pulled the chair from the desk and sat down. She then pulled out a small notebook and pen from her coat.

"I want to clear up as much confusion as possible before giving you any sort of information. Ask as many questions as you'd like before we begin with why you're here." Sapphire said. Kira was quiet for a minute. This was all so sudden for him, of course he's so confused.

"Where am I?" Kira finally spoke.

"You are currently residing in the Speedwagon Foundation Stand Research Facility and Mental Hospital in Florida of the United States." Sapphire spoke. Florida? United States?! How the HELL did he get all the way here!?

"Do you know who I am?" Kira then asked, his eyes narrowing.

"Yes, why of course. You're Yoshikage Kira. You are 33 years old and you used to live in the town of Morihocho in Japan. Oh! And there's nothing to worry about with your whole identity thing, nobody knows you're alive except you, me, and a couple of other people who will be helping you." Sapphire said. Kira was absolutely frightened by how much this woman knew about him. That's the one thing he feared most while alive. Kira decided to attempt to intimidate the woman. She didn't seem so strong so I'd be easy for him to scare her off, right? He's dealt with women like this all the time, afterall.

"You know I could just kill you right here and right now, correct?" Kira said.

"Oh don't be ridiculous. Your Killer Queen has been completely disabled from being used. Don't try and play that trick on me. I know much more than you do, Kira." Sapphire said, knowing full well what he was trying to do. Kira was shocked at the response. She was right, he couldn't summon Killer Queen at all. He went quiet again. Shit...

"How am I alive?" Kira then asked, deciding to leave the killing for later.

"Someone by the name of Giorno Giovanna resurrected you." Sapphire said. Who even the hell is that...? "I am almost out of time here. Do you have anything left to ask?" she asked.

"That's about all I have." Kira assured. Though... He did have a TON more questions. He'd just figure them out as he went along with whatever the hell was happening.

"Great! Now for the reason why you're here; the Stand researchers here at the Speedwagon Foundation and the main family of the Joestar Bloodline decided to give all of their enemies a second chance at living a normal life. In your case a Joestar by the name of Josuke Higashikata decided to revive you."

"WHAT?! You're joking?" Kira suddenly shouted. He could feel a violent flush of anger circulate through him. That dumbass teenager was the one that got him killed! The one that ruined his perfect life!

"Ah, so that name does sound familiar to you. But yes, indeed, he's the reason you're here. You'll be here in this facility for about a year or two correcting your mental state and getting the therapy you need. You'll be forgiving and forgetting your past to move on to a new life." Sapphire explained. New life? New life?! No way in hell!

"Is this some sick JOKE? My life was ALREADY perfect! I wouldn't be in this mess if it weren't for those goddamn high schoolers invading my personal life!" Kira shouted, clearly in distress.

"Mr. Kira, please listen. I assure you, you'll be able to reimplement the majority of your past schedule you've had into your new daily life. We just need to rehabilitate a few other things out of you. It won't be easy, trust me, but you will meet a group of others who are just like you! So you're not alone in this." Sapphire explained. Kira went silent. He was for sure dreaming or SOMETHING. This all sounded completely ridiculous!

"Do I even get a choice?" Kira questioned, his eye visibly twitching in annoyance.

"Well... You either follow through and do this or... we'll just kill you again." Sapphire answered. Kira remained silent. He did not want to go through that distress of dying ever again. "I'll take that as a no then." she responded.

"So, you're here to help me?" Kira then questioned.

"Why of course." Sapphire replied, giving him a kind smile.

"I'm assuming there are other people that I'll meet who will also be helping me?" Kira asked.

"Yea, you'll meet them throughout your time here." Sapphire said. She then looked at her phone and saw the time. "It's very late, I'm going to leave you to sleep for now. I have to visit someone else at this time. Please get some more rest. Someone by the name of Bruno Bucciarati will wake you up tomorrow, understood?" she said. Kira nodded his head in reply. "Good, I'll see you tomorrow! I promise you're gonna be great here." she exclaimed, getting up from the chair. She returned the chair back to the desk and left the room with a wave.

Kira was left alone once again. He decided to try and sleep off the rest of the night. He's going to have to rebuild his original sleep schedule at some point, but for now. Kira laid back down on the bed and let sleep take him.