Chapter 4 : Nomen Fratris Mei

Start from the beginning

You raised an eyebrow at him as you stated, "Well if you'd listen to me once in a while I wouldn't be so bossy. And even then, I'm not that bossy." Kagari chuckled before saying, "I was joking! You're absolutely, positively never bossy! Well, most of the time..."

A sigh escaped your lips before you answered his original question, "Anyways, my life before all this was... okay, my mother died at birth and my father was a kind of scientist."

The enforcer shrugged, "So you didn't have any hobbies? Hmpf." "Of course I had hobbies," you took a small bite out of your cereal before continuing, "I used to go to a self defense class with my brother and besides that I loved swimming."

Kagari grinned before telling you, "Those don't seem like especially fun hobbies." You groaned in frustration before stating, "Gosh, you really can be a child sometimes, can't you?" He smiled brightly while nodding, "But that's why we get along so well."

You gave in as you smiled, "I suppose, but you don't always have to be like that. I'd like you even if you weren't making jokes all the time." Kagari blushed but before he could say anything you stood up. You had looked down at your watch and noticed that it was already eleven o'clock and that you had to work in exactly an hour. As Shusagi looked at you questioningly you explained, "Shusagi, I'm going to go home and get ready for work. I'll see you in an hour."

He waved at you as he started to continue eating his cereal. While quickly grabbing all of your belongings, you left without another word.

You drove to your apartment and as soon as you arrived, you took a quick shower. After changing into your work attire, you immediately ran to your car and drove to HQ. ... I've never been late to work and I'm not going to start now...

As you arrived at HQ you parked your car and walked into the building. After arriving on your floor, you ran into your office, quickly sitting down at your desk. Only after you had started to calm down, did you notice that Kagari wasn't by his desk beside you. You turned to Akane who was researching her assignment diligently.

"Do you know where Kagari is?" you asked in a slightly worried tone. ... I wonder where he is, he's usually on time as well...

She shook her head and continued working quietly, the only sound emitting from her direction was the keyboards keys being pressed. You then proceeded to open the tab you used before to continue your report on the last assignment. That is, you did that until you felt someone tap your shoulder. You turned around to see a slightly more annoyed Inspector Ginoza, "I need to talk with you outside, now." ... What did I do this time?...

You narrowed your eyes since you weren't especially eager to talk with him, but you stood up and followed him regardlessly. Only after you had managed to get out of the office, did you face the inspector in front of you. While crossing your arms you asked, "What did you want to talk about Inspector?"

He glared down at you and replied, "I wanted to ask you why Shion has seen you visit Kagari multiple times. And why she saw you leaving his apartment this morning."

You looked at him and bluntly said, "To my knowledge it isn't illegal to visit an enforcer." ... Though it is looked down upon by people like him...

"But it is to become intimate with them", he replied.

The accusation he was making nearly made you scream, but you managed to calmly reply, "I wasn't intimate with him."

He tsk'd and argued, "Well, we thought you were at risk of sleeping with him. Especially since you left his apartment at 11am this morning." ... Does this guy stalk me? My feelings towards Kagari are none of his business. I'll just lie then he'll leave me and Kagari alone... hopefully...