Chapter 2

Published: Aug 4, 2020

Edited: 8/3/2020 - 8/4/2020

-(Name's) POV-

"I still can't believe that you guys aren't siblings," George says as we're walking to the park to play soccer. "Yeah, I thought you guys were," Amy adds looking at me. 'Why did they think we were siblings... We don't look that alike, right?' "So are you guys living together?" She asks, 'Is she this desperate to have a conversation..?' I thought as I glanced at Jimmy from the corner of my eye, "We-ell, y-yes we-we do," I answer her. I had slowed my walking a bit and that caught Jimmy's attention as he glances back at me, I sped up to them and just looked forward.

"So are you two dating?"

I paused at that question, not paying attention and ended up tripping over a rock. "Oh my! Eleanor, are you okay? What happened?!" Amy asked very quickly, but what she asked made me angry for some reason. 'Oh yeah, I'm just peachy, totally didn't trip over a rock and fall face-first onto semi dirt and concrete walkway.' I was quite though. For once I didn't speak my thoughts out, 'Wonder how long this will last for-', I was thinking before I was rudely taken back into reality to face the fact that these kids saw me trip and are wondering why and then I'd have to explain the fact I was caught off guard... Yay, such a wonderful day.

Though to my surprise, they didn't ask why I tripped, they just wanted to make sure I was okay. Such nice children...

-time skip-

"Man, those kids were annoying," Conan complains as we walk into the apartment. "Ye-yeah," I respond with once the door closed. "I'm starving!" Conan announces when we walk further into the room. "At l-least s-say 'we're b-back' or 'h-hello'," I comment as Rachael walks out. "Okay then, 'Hello, I'm starving'," He says sarcastically. "Hello Starving, I'm Eli," I answer back with sarcastic intent but more sounds sassy. "Hahaha, good one Eli, anyways, how was your first day of first grade?" Rachael asks after listening to our conversation. "Well, we l-lived so I-I say it was a s-success," I reply and sit on the couch looking back at Rachael. "Well, what about friends? Did you guys make any friends?" Rachael asks as she walks to the kitchen, most likely to finish dinner, "Yeah, we made three 'friends', George, Amy, and Mitch," Conan answers her but uses air quotation marks when saying the word 'friends'. "Well, that's great guys! Anyways, dinner's ready." Rachael says as she walks out of the kitchen to announce the status of the dinner.

-to the next day!-

"Ghosts?"

'Kids still think ghosts are real...' Jimmy and I had asked at the same time making us look at each other for a second then back at the situation at hand.

"I was on my way home yesterday and saw a spirit!" Amy exclaims at us and starts to tear up a little. "The Madison house has been abandoned for 5 years," George adds to Amy's case and comforts her a little. "So?"

"So, we gotta catch the ghost!" George exclaims. "But ghosts aren't real! They're just a figment of your imagination," Mitch says putting his two cents in. "Oh yeah?" George asks as he gets into Mitch's face, starting their argument.

I sat on the sidewalk and just stared at the ground until the argument ended. While waiting, I felt someone's stare on me... I feel like I know this person's stare and I don't like it.

"Fine, then it's settled, meet us at the Madison house after dinner or after 5 cause that's when I eat. Then we will prove the house is haunted!" George announces as Jimmy and I facepalm. That announcement had started a conversation between Amy and George, talking about how they're gonna be famous when they catch the ghost.