fighter

Taz changed into tracksuit pants but kept her white top on and walked over to the combat class. Everyone was stood looking nervous. Taz scanned over her class and silently scoffed. None of these idiots looked good enough to beat her. Except like two or three of the boys. People began to notice she was there and looked at her as if she was a joke. She scowled at them and they quickly turned around.

"Right! Good morning everyone, I am coach Saunders and I will be your combat teacher this year. I'm going to put you in pairs and I will see how you fight them. If your combat skills are shitty, you shall have to pay extra attention to theory and skill lessons. Alright let's see who we got here." The muscular woman was butch and looked like she knew what she was doing. Taz was really looking forwards to fighting someone, she wanted people to know that she would break them if they weren't careful. She carried on talking to them about the programme they would be following for the semester which took like fifteen minutes or something, Taz just wanted to get up and break some people. Coach Saunders called out a register and because of her name, of course Taz was last. Why of all letters did her surname have to start with a 'Z' ?

"And Tia Ariella?" She was sick of that name. It wasnt her name anymore. Tia died with her mother, Taz was who rose and improved. Her name was Taz.

"Its Taz. My name is Taz."

"My apologies, Taz. Okay people!" Saunders began sorting people into pairs and put Taz with one of the strongest looking boys in the class. Although he was muscular, he looked a little gawky. He had mud brown hair and green eyes with freckles covering his face. He looked at Taz then turned straight back to the coach.

"Coach! I can't fight her morally, what if I kill her?"

"Callate! You idiota I could fight you in my sleep." The boys eyes widened and he jumped back slightly by her aggressive tone.

"You gotta hand it to her Nick, she got in at her age and size so you will fight her as an equal." The coach looked at Taz, smiled and nodded. Taz liked coach saunders, she didn't treat Taz as if she was the youngest, she treated her as an equal student.

"Gracias. Now fight me." Taz growled.

"Fine. I will." He launched himself at Taz and tackled her to the ground. This was the most predictable move so Taz knew exactly what to do. Her friends back in Mexico always did this and never learnt anything new. She kicked Nick in the stomach to temporarily distract him as she rolled over and out from underneath him, then dug her knee into his shoulder blade to prevent him getting up.

"Floored." She spoke loudly. Everyone turned round to see taz effortlessly holding Nick down as he frantically struggled to get free but failed miserably. Coach Saunders' face lit up and she laughed.

"So Nick, I hope this has taught taught you to never undermined anyone by appearance. Especially Taz. She is clearly very able and skilled." Taz smirked.

"I second that." Taz turned to see Up leaning in the doorway.

"That was an awesome tackle Taz. I knew you would be a tough one." Up grinned at her and she returned it.

"Walker! How are you? I hear things are going well in your new combat class?"

"Yep, it's good to be fighting people at my standards." He looked at Taz and winked.

"Well I'm glad to hear it. Care to help with this bunch?"

"Sure!" Everyone was repaired and it seemed like everyone Taz fought couldn't fight half as well as she could. She went to the side of the studio and sat down looking rather bored. Up saw her and walked over to sit with her.