Chapter 3

Today was a day that Emily had been dreading since the Premier League restarted following the antics of her personal life during post season last year.

She sat in the private box along with Rachel, Rebecca, Amy and few other of the girls waiting for the game to start. Today was Liverpool's game against Chelsea at home in Anfield.

The game was due to start in the next few minutes and as much as the brunette tried to focus on her brother and his teams' warm-ups, she couldn't help but let her eyes wander to Chelsea's end of the field.

The blue kit complimented his slightly tanned skin tone and his hair was gelled up in its usual style. She shouldn't have been feeling the way she was but unfortunately he just had that effect on her.

She watched as he passed the ball back and forth between himself and Tammy for a few minutes before his manger pulled him aside for a quick pre-game chat.

After a few more minutes of warm ups the game was finally starting. The last time these two teams played was during the Premier League last year. And during that game the brunette had remained color neutral due to her connection to both teams and funny enough she had found herself in the same situation unintentionally again as she wore a pair of black skinny jeans, a black knit jumper and white trainers.

——————————

The game ended in a 2-1 victory for the Reds which Emily was somewhat happy about but at the same time it pained her to see him lose. But to avoid suspicion she put on a happy face as she and the girls headed down to the tunnel to see the boys.

Mason exited the away dressing room of Anfield into the tunnel with Tammy and Ruben by his side talking about the game. He came to a stop when he noticed the brunette standing further down the tunnel near the Liverpool dressing room.

It used to be his dressing room door she'd wait outside, it was him she would look for after a game to congratulate him with a kiss or condole the loss with a hug. But now she stood outside their door.

He knew that her brother was a member of the Liverpool team but that didn't mean that she wasn't now romantically involved with one of the Reds. A lot of young boys had been called up into the first team recently and Mason knew that anyone of them would be lucky to have her. She was absolutely amazing after all.

Mason stood and watched as Trent Alexander-Arnold exited Liverpool's dressing room and made a dart for his best friend. The pair had been friends since her move to Liverpool meaning that they were friends while she and Mason were in a relationship. But he knew that she felt nothing towards the Scouser, the same way Trent felt nothing for her.

The Scouser pulled his best friend into a hug and she congratulated him on his goal as they pulled away and smiled at each other. Emily had her back to the Chelsea midfielder while Trent had a clear view of him. Mason hadn't taken his eyes of her.

"Look." Trent subtly nodded behind the brunette girl stood in front of him. She turned around and allowed her eyes to meet his for the first time in months.

Mason lifted his hand and offered her a small wave and a sweet smile. That smile was the killer. His smile always got to her, there was something about it.

"Go." The Scouser spoke as he placed his hands on her back and pushed him towards the Chelsea player.

She stumbled for a few steps before regaining her footing and completely the last few steps before stopping in front of Mason.

"Hey." The midfielder said first.

"Hey." She whispered in reply. "Hard luck today. You guys were unlucky out there."

"Thanks Em." He smiled in reply.

Em. It was a nickname that he had called her for the entire duration of their relationship and he was the only one who would call her it so it was weird for her to hear it after all this time.

"I've missed you." Mason finally admitted after a moment of silence.

"Don't Mas. Don't do this to me." Emily spoke as their eyes met once again.

"Do what?" He questioned.

"Make me feel like this. For the first time in months I'm finally in a place where I'm not thinking about you all the time. But when you walked out onto that field it all just came flooding back."

"I'm sorry Em. I'm sorry I make you feel like that. But I have never stopped thinking about you. You have no idea how many times I've sat with my finger hovering over you name at 2am wanting to just call you and say that I miss you and I still love you." The footballer explained as the crowd in the tunnel started to die down as people left.

"Mason we-." Before Emily could finish her sentence she felt his soft lips pressed on hers. The feeling was familiar and comforting. For the first moment Emily was in shock but she did kiss him back for a mere minute before pulling away. "Wow."

"Let me prove to you how much I still love you." Mason begged.

"I can't. Even that kiss was a mistake Mason. We broke up for a reason." Emily reminded her ex-boyfriend.

"Hey Emily. You ready to go?" She felt an arm wrap itself around her shoulder. The brunette turned her head to find Neco with his arm wrapped around her shoulder with a smile on his face as he looked down at her.

"Who's this?" Mason questioned confused at the sight before him.

"I'm Neco." The curly haired boy held out his arm that wasn't around her shoulder in order to shake Mason's hand.

"Mason." The Chelsea midfielder replied as he took his hand in his own.

"We better get going. Your brother is looking for you." The Liverpool player informed her.

"Yeh. Let's go. I'll see you later Mas." Emily offered him a slight smile which he return.

"Bye Em." He spoke as she and Neco turned to walk away. Once they turned the corner and were officially out of Mason's sight Emily sighed.

"So where's Andy?" She questioned the footballer.

"Oh he wasn't looking for you. You just looked like you needed saving." He smirked.

"You don't need to rescue me Neco. I can look after myself." The brunette informed him as she removed his arm from her shoulder.

"A simple 'thanks Neco' would've sufficed. Or maybe a kiss." He spoke.

"Not a chance." She replied crossing her arms.

"So you and Mason huh?" He smirked.

"I'm not having this conversation with you." Emily said before turning on her heel and walking away from him. He stood with a smirk on his face and watched her walk away. He would get her eventually.

And not Mason Mount or anyone else would stand in the way of that.

——————————

Pretty short one but I just wanted to formally introduce you Emily's ex, which I'm sure most of you know is Mason Mount, he plays midfield for Chelsea.

Until next time

~ky❤️