Chapter 5

(Note from Nironus: Sorry I haven't updated this story, guys. My friend stopped paying for Hulu so without a way to reference the show I put it off to work on stuff that I can actually do. The good news now is that I can thanks to Funimation. Season 3 is coming soon now that AOT is ending.)

(New note: Please reload the chapter I think some of the last paragraphs didn't load up)

(Phantom's P.O.V)

Shinoa disappeared from my view from above. I jumped down from the roof and began my journey back into vampire territory, avoiding any Horseman on my way there. Just wanted to think, think, think, and ponder some more. I stopped walking and took off my mask, staring into the red visor. I remembered my words, " I'm sorry Shinoa. I'm not ready. " Will I ever be ready, to face her? I growled to myself and put my mask back on. No, not today, not for now. After stepping into Nagoya, vampire patrols converged from the nearby rooftops. " Lord, Phantom. " A captain called out. I turned around and acknowledged him. " Lord Ferid feared you missing. You are to return to him immediately. " He said. I nodded.

" Of course. As you were. " I said dismissively and continued on, reaching the entrance tunnels to Sanguinem then to Ferid's mansion. His servant answered, a vampire named Klyn. " Lord Ferid is right up there. " He said. I thanked him and watched him leave. " You've finally returned to me! " The seventh progenitor joked flamboyantly while he skipped down the grand staircase " I was beginning to think you'd abandoned your dear friend. " I bowed my head. " Apologies for being late, Lord Ferid. I would never turn against you. " Ferid brought my face up to him with a finger. " I know you wouldn't. " He said. " Not after everything I've done for you. " Ferid turned and walked to the staircase. The seventh progenitor stopped before the stairs. " (YN), you're hiding something from me. " He said bluntly. " I smell the curse on you. " No, not now. " It's nothing. " I lied. Ferid turned to me, face ripe with disappointment. " Shinoa gave that to you, didn't she? " I didn't answer. Ferid turned to face me. " I had so much faith in you, perhaps I was mistaken? " He mocked. " I was so close but, but-- " Ferid cut off my stumbling. " But you hesitated, (YN). " The vampire said. " It's horrible to see you like this but, just look at yourself. " Just a wounded child in a mask, almost human. " I lunged at him.

SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP! How dare you compare me to them! Ferid laughed as I flung and punched him around the room. " Yes (YN) good! " He shouted in between laughs. " Remember your hatred, your pain! Let it fuel you! " I released Ferid and collapsed to my knees. He kneeled in front of me and opened his arms. " Come here (YN). " I crawled into his embrace. " There there, (YN). I forgive you. " Ferid soothed then brought us to our feet. He smirked and leaned into my ear. " You don't have to kill her to get your revenge, you know? " The progenitor whispered. " I don't understand. " I replied. "You're a noble, turn her. Make her yours. " Ferid said seductively. He stepped back and shrugged. " Just a friendly suggestion. " I nodded and went to my room. There was a glass of blood waiting for me on the nightstand. " Thanks, Klyn. " I murmured then gulped it down. After showering, I stood in front of a mirror. My mask was off and in hand. What am I? I crushed the mask in my hand, no longer needing to hide behind it.

(Third Person)

Shinoa Hiragi sat with what was left of her team in their team dorm, a cup of hot chocolate in hand. Yu was in the hospital after, losing control. So many questions flowed through the heads of everyone there. Most of them without answers but, there was one with an answer. A question Shinoa would rather just get off her chest. " It's about time I told you all about (YN). " Kimizuki looked up at her first then the rest followed. " He was in my class to join the Extermination Unit. (YN) was always there for me. " She smiled weakly at the fond memories. " You'd always see us together. Me, (YN), and Kondo graduated top of the class but, there was an emergency and three of us had to be sent out without being sorted into teams. A patrol had been ambushed by vampires. There were too many of them plus a noble. " Tears began to stream down her face. Yoichi grabbed her a tissue. " Take it slow. " He comforted. She continued after wiping her face. " (YN) held them back and bought us time to retreat. There were no reinforcements coming. Kondo forced me back. I-I-I had to leave him. There was something he wanted to tell me, now I'll never know. " Discomfort and sadness reigned the room's atmosphere. " The white-haired noble at Shinjuku, was the one who led the ambush. " Kimizuki shook his head. " We know he won't stop hunting you. " He explained. " I say we lure him out and end the son of a bitch. "

Mitsuba almost slapped him then and there. " You idiot! " She shouted. " We're in no shape to go after a noble! " Yoichi interjected. " We shouldn't even be talking about killing him. He's Shinoa's friend, so he's ours too. He didn't kill her after all. " Kimizuki chuckled heartlessly. " (YN) hesitated to kill her. That vamp didn't hesitate to kill Kondo. " Shinoa excused herself and crawled into her bed. The others stopped discussing the topic when she left. All she thought about that night was what (YN) wanted to tell her on that fateful day.