Chapter 4: Reunited Love

Authors note:
I finally wrote another chapter, yay lol
I'm sorry it's short though, but I didn't plan for this one to be long-
I'm really sorry, like fr-
Thank you guys for supporting me, even with such a long a long wait/hiatus
I owe all of you one lol

Warning: (mention of death)
Before I get started though, I just want to say, Rest In Peace (I won't say their name)
Even if we have never gotten close, I would like to thank you for your time here on earth, and for always supporting our friend Cherry in her time of loneliness.
Fly high, brotha.
We will forever love you.

~~~~~

No POV
The couple sat in silence, playing with their meal. The occasional nip and scratch of Inks bony fingers gliding across the table was repetitive background noise to the Glitch.

But it was something.

The past few days and nights had been quiet. There weren't any disturbances or problems between them, but they felt calm.
Maybe even too calm.

Ink exhaled. The peace and quiet had become an issue. He loved when there was noise all around. He loved when he could look forward to things. But so far, nothing has come.

He glanced at the Glitch, who was playing with his food. An annoyed frown was plastered on his face. Ink smiled and chuckled in his mind. The Glitch, even with playing with his food, noticed the artists' little smile.

He looked up at him and squinted his eyes, frowning deeper.
"Why are you smiling at me?" He mumbled. Ink shrugged and smiled brightly, attempting to further more annoy the Glitch for attention.

Error let off a slight blue hue. He liked it when Ink smiled. "..Ok..Well, if we aren't gonna eat this then let's just throw it away." Error stood up tediously and grabbed their plates, both still completely full of food. (Aye don't throw away food bois
It isn't good to waste 🙊🙊)

They hadn't been hungry for days, which was completely normal for them. Although, it was a little strange for them to still have dinner without being hungry.

"Hey Error?" Ink stood up and walked over to him, where Error had now started washing the dishes.
"Yeah?"

"Have you noticed how..dull things are?"
Error stopped scrubbing and looked at him strangely. "Yes, why?"

"..I thought it was just me.." he sighed and walked to the couch, slowly tripping over his feet on purpose. Error felt confusion wash over him.
Confusion on what he should do.

There wasn't much available at this time, and they hadn't talked much. Maybe they should just take it slow and build their close bond again.

Error finished scrubbing and rinsed their plates and utensils. He laid their dishes to dry, heading over to Ink.

He sat down next to him and stared at Ink, who was hugging his own knees. Error grabbed his hand and intertwined their fingers slowly. He took in the moment of of feeling the others soft fingers, with the small dents that laid across them.

He smiled or himself.
As Ink glanced at him and their hands. A small rainbow hue fixated itself onto Inks face, glowing brighter and brighter as their hands became tighter.

It felt good to finally be close to Error again. He liked being close to him. Error pulled the other into his arms and held him tightly on the couch.

Ink chuckled quietly and wrapped his arms around Errors neck, nuzzling his chest.
They laid there for a few minutes, before they were fast asleep.

Finally, they were one once again.