Chapter Four**

I hold the books close to me as I walk out of my last class. I keep my head down and don't look at anyone as I leave. I don't have any friends here. The only people I talk to is Sam and Jess. It's not because I'm too cool or too weird for friends, I just like to keep to myself. When I use to make friends in high school, they would always ask about my family. Like, where is my mom? Why is my dad always gone? Does Dean and Sam even exist? Eventually, I got tired of everyone's questions, so I just stopped talking to them.I find it best this way. My whole life, I kind of had to learn how to be independent, so why rely on friends now?

When I walk into Double Scoop, I notice there is only one other person here. He is short and has brown hair. His collar on his leather jacket is popped up and he has a plain gray T-shirt underneath. I take my normal spot at one of the booths near the window. The guy nods his head in my direction and smiles, "care if I join you." I look at him with curiosity, "you look extremely familiar, do I know you ?"

The boy takes a seat across from me, "no, I don't think so. I'm sure I wouldn't be able to forget a face as beautiful as yours." My cheeks turn a light pink. "Oh hey, you live around here? I'm actually looking for my brother, maybe you've seen him before." I sit quietly as I admire the boy in front of me. I don't know what it is about him that is making him so attractive.

It could be the hint smell of alcohol that seems to be his daily fragrance, or the fact that he drives the 1967 black Chevy Impala that's sitting outside. He pulls out a picture from his pocket and lays it in my direction. "Have you seen him around here?" I look down and my stomach drops. I try my best to swallow the lump that has now formed in my throat, "I think I'm going to be sick."

"Yeah, I know, he's not very attractive. Hard to believe we're even brothers."

"No, that's not it..."

"Then what? What is it?"

"Dean, that's my brother too."