Chapter Twenty-One**

As we pull up, we see Bill Carlton sitting on a bench on the dock. We walk up behind him and Sam loudly clears his throat, "Mr. Carlton?" He looks up at us. His face holds so much pain. You can see the depression that lays weary in his eyes.

"We'd like to ask you a few questions, if that is okay." Sam says

"We're from...from the department." I add in trying to remeber which role we are today.

"I don't care who you are with, I have answered enough questions today." Mr. Carlton says quietly.

"Your son said he saw something in that lake. What about you? You ever see anything out there? Mr. Carlton, Sophie's drowning and Will's death—we think there might be a connection to you or your family." Even though Mr. Carlton is clearly not focusing on Sam, he pushes anyway. Knowing Sam, he don't care as long as gets a response.

"My children are gone. It's..I'ts worse than dying..Go away. Please!"

We all look at each other and nod in agreement. Without even saying goodbye, we all turn back and head to the Impala.

"So now what?" Sam asks as he leans against the car.

"I don't know. I know that guy has been through hell but I also know he is not telling us something." Dean replys.

 Suddenly, Dean goes still.

"What is it?" I ask, trying to meet his gaze.

"Huh." was all he says while still staring. I look over and notice he is looking at Bill Carlton's house.

"Maybe Bill's not the only one who knows something." Dean says.

He reaches into his back pocket and pulls out the picture Lucas gave him.

It is a drawing of the Carlton house.