Nate lets go of my hand as Janice literally bounces over to us. Her hands quickly reaching out to me. She smelt like oranges and cinnamon. A drastic change to how she looked and smelt when I first met her that night.

My heartfelt full of pride for the man standing to the right of me.

" Loretta, I'm so glad you're here. Peter get your ass over here" she yelled as she turned around. I looked behind her and watched as Peter walked towards us. He also looked different as he wore a simple black buttoned shirt and jeans. Now that I look at them both I realise that they are not much older than me and Nate.

Peter walked up to me and wrapped his arms around my waist. He kissed my cheeks before letting go. " I told him you would come" he whispered as he leant back.

Instantly I knew who he was talking about. My eyes moved to Nate, watching his eyes stare back at me. Honestly, I doubted he even stopped looking at me. Did he believe that I wouldn't come?

" I'm a little speechless. This is really amazing" I said to nobody in particular. Janice's eyes brightened up. " I know, Nate has really outdone himself he had to literally kidnap me to come here" she giggles glancing at Nate.

I have this image of Nate forcing Janice in here against her will otherwise she would never have come and accepted such generosity from Nate.

" What exactly happens here" this time I had turned my attention to Nate.

" The centre is a place for anyone to come to use the high technology we have here and to improve their talents. Subject to places obviously but it's big enough to accommodate" Nate began to tell me. Without even noticing it he started to steer us in the direction of a large section of the room.

" you probably saw the building next to this one. That's a hostel that is paid for by the government with a brand new scheme that both Janice and peter are members of" now that I think of it I did see a rather large building adjacent to this one.

" how do you manage to get them off the streets so easily," I said remembering that they didn't want to leave that lifestyle.

Nate chuckled as Janice sank into Peter's chest. " it wasn't easy, I have the scars to prove how fucking hard it was to get them here. I'm not here a lot so they don't seem to think it as me giving them a home"

I can understand that. Nate has his business to run on top of this so I doubt he is here throughout the week watching over everything. I start to think about the stress he is creating for himself by having all these projects. Doesn't he want to stop and relax?

Whilst we were talking I hadn't noticed Nate's assistant run up behind Nate until she stood beside me. Leaning in, she whispered something to Nate who nodded his head as he listened.

" I'm going to address the media and guests, come with me," Nate said leaning down to whisper in my ear. I panicked for a few seconds. I wasn't prepared to be seen by Nate's side. Thinking about what they would think if they saw us together like that, as a united front.

But Nate didn't leave room for my hesitation as he pulled me further into the room.

As we walk further inside I notice a red ribbon outstretched before us, Nate walks towards it and some of the students follow him. I couldn't stop the smile on my face as I saw how excited they were. My smile only got bigger when I saw Thomas within the group. He hadn't seen me yet since he was busy talking with the others but I was just happy to see him with friends.

"Thank you all for coming tonight "he pauses, waiting for the room to quiet down as everyone finishes their conversations. "I started this project a few months back and I really didn't think it would get to this stage where we would be standing here today. But I am more than happy with the turnout and what we have created here. You may know that one day I decided to leave money with Thomas" He stops as he scans the room for him.