4

###

 " It cannot be seen, cannot be felt

 " It cannot be seen, cannot be felt. Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt. It lies behind stars and under hills. And empty holes it fills, it comes first and follows after, ends life, kills laughter. "
J.R.R Tolkien

###

Laylah listened to the echo of her cane tapping the concrete below her feet bounce off the prison walls around her, a hand on her arm; leading her through. Penelope had offered to come with her to see Spencer are a month of living blind. She'd decided it was time, and she hoped that she could hide the secret she'd been keeping.

'You ok?' Penelope whispered.

'I don't know if this is going to work,' She sighed as the blonde pulled her to a stop at the end of the line.

'Would it be such a bad thing if he knew? He's been so worried about you.'

'Yes, yes it is.'

She tightened her hand around Penelope's arm as she stepped forward, bringing her with her.

'Name?' A deep voice made her jump.

'Spencer Reid,' Penelope answered.

'Both of you?'

'Yes.'

'That's not-'

'I'm not staying. She's blind, she needs to know when he's there because he doesn't know yet. She was in an accident a month ago. Please, I swear, I'll leave the second he's there.'

The man eyed off Laylah, swiping a hand in front of her face that she didn't flinch at. He hummed softly, before he looked to Penelope again.

'You're out the second he's in,' He stated gruffly.

'Ok,' Penelope nodded.

'Go on through. Bag in the tub, and your stick too.'

Penelope let out a short gasp, but nodded; taking the stick from Laylah's hand. She placed them into the tub, before passing through the metal detector one by one. She had to rely on Penelope then, gripping her arm to be lead through the halls to the visiting room. Laylah's hand searched blindly for the chair before gripping the hard back of it, pulling it out to sit down.

'Alright, you ok?' Penelope squeezed her shoulder.

'I don't know,' She whispered.

There was a violent buzz that made her jump, her hand shooting up to squeeze Penelope's as anxiety settled within her stomach.

'He's coming, about fifth in line,' Penelope spoke lowly; 'He's walking toward us, and he's here.'

'Hey,' Spencer smiled as he glanced between the pair; 'I didn't know I was allowed two visitors.'