Enbarr Strategy Meeting:

Začít od začátku

Claude shook his head, "Nah we were just preparing for the mess that we're going to endure during the meeting" he said "Ya know, clearing our heads and whatnot" he added.

Dimitri shook his head, "Although it didn't really help much in my opinion" he said "If anything it made me focus on how bad it will get" Dimitri added.

Claude laughed, "Jesh this whole time I thought it was helping, though I suppose it didn't really help me either" he said then paused for a moment, "I was thinking about those who slither in the dark" he said.

Byleth nodded, she figured Dimitri must have told him about it after their talk with Jeritza. "What about them?" Byleth asked.

"I think we should refrain from identifying them to our allies" Claude said, "I think we should just tell them that the mystery group is the cause of what happened at Fort Merceus" he said "Since I'm certain we will be discussing that to some degree" he added.

Dimitri frowned, "Why wouldn't we disclose that we now know who they are?" he asked.

"Sometimes it's better to fiend ignorance, Your Princeliness" Claude said "Also I have my guess that if they know we are onto them then getting Edelgard on our side will be that much harder" he said.

The three of them sat silently for a moment. "Claude is right," Byleth said, breaking the silence.

Dimitri sighed, "I know" he replied while rubbing his forehead "I just hate the idea of withholding information from our allies" he added.

Claude shrugged, "You'll get used to it" he replied.

Byleth frowned, "Claude, and where has that gotten you?" she said sternly "Last I checked all of your allies were pretty ticked off that you withheld the fact that you have ties to Almyra" she added.

Claude rubbed the back of his neck, "Jesh Byleth no need to be so harsh" he said.

Byleth shook her head, "Claude you are aware that they are going to be asking you about Nader, right?" she questioned.

Claude nodded, "I know" he sighed "And I will answer their questions... To the best of my ability" he added.

Byleth sighed and Dimitri shook his head.

This is going to be a long meeting.

Dimitri:

The seats around the meeting table slowly filled up. There wasn't the usual chatter that happened before a meeting, except for Sylvain who clasped his hand on Dimitri's shoulder while wiggling his eyebrows, "Nice job Your Highness" he whispered then took the seat separating him from Byleth.

Dimitri's face grew warm, but he didn't comment on it.

Eventually everyone was present, Dimitri was certain that Gilbert was going to begin the meeting but to his surprise it was Lorenz who spoke first.

"Claude. It is time for you to explain. Why are you so close with an Almyran general?" Lorenz asked.

So, they were jumping right into it then.

Claude nodded his head, "Well he did quite a bit for me when I was younger" he said.

Lorenz tilted his head in confusion, "When you were younger... So, before you joined House Riegan. How and where did you meet him?" he demanded "There aren't many opportunities to meet a general from Almyra in Fodlan..." he added.

Claude frowned slightly, "If that's what you believe, it's only because that's what you've been led to believe" he said "There is a big wide world outside of Fodlan, and it's overflowing with different places and cultures" he added then paused for a moment. "You think interacting with outsiders is odd, but isn't avoiding contact with the outside world far more unnatural?" Claude said.