"Nucai will remember," Qian Chang Xin didn't understand what the Emperor intended but still packed away the painting to take back to Kui Yuan Palace. When he step inside the main gate of Kui Yuan Palace, he encountered the Empress holding the little princess as she came out to soak in the sun. He instantly knelt down in front of the Empress.

"The Emperor got you to take some paintings out again?" The Empress gave the little princess to the nursemaid behind her, and bent down to randomly pick up one of the boxes. After she opened the scroll, she smiled slightly: "How can I split into several thousand bodies, in order to compliment each plum flower on each tree? This person must love plums. Who is the artist?"

Qian Chang Xin didn't know what to say. Rui Wang Fei had sent someone with this painting. Even the Emperor had gotten him to take it out for him to have a look. But the true recipient didn't even know who sent it.

"Empress, nucai is also unclear." Qian Chang Xin forced out a smile, "The Emperor wanted to see some paintings so nucai took a few over, and didn't look at them. Nucai doesn't dare to look at the paintings."

"En, there's no signature on the painting." Qu Qing Ju carelessly shoved the painting into Qian Chang Xin's hands and waved her hand, saying, "Since that's the case, you can put them back."

After Qian Chang Xin left, Qu Qing Ju looked at her daughter who was deeply asleep in the arms of her nursemaid. Her willow eyebrows were slightly curved as though she was smiling, but there wasn't much mirth in her eyes.

After Qian Chang Xin returned, he told the Emperor all about his encounter with the Empress. Then he found the Emperor's temper continued to be good for the next few days. Even the fact the female candidates had entered the palace didn't affect the good mood of the Emperor.

Those female candidates were generously allowed to go back home to marry freely. Only five were left and were bestowed by the Emperor to other people to be concubines. Due to this, the Crown Prince and the Second Imperial Son had been close with the Emperor for quite a few days. Especially the Second Imperial Son. He kept on saying the Emperor was a good father.

He was a taijian and didn't understand the feeling between men and women, but he knew very well an average person could not separate the Emperor and Empress. Since the two Empress Dowagers had no objections to the Emperor and Empress, then who would be so stupid?

So like this, one year repeated each other. He saw His Highness the Crown Prince turn from a child to a youth, saw the Empress become an elegant and dignified young woman, and add another imperial son for the Emperor. He saw the Emperor spend every day in Kui Yan Palace as though Kui Yuan Palace was their home.

There was no one who doubted the feelings between the Emperor and Empress. No one picked up the topic of the candidates again. It was like a person who had eaten the same thing for a decade. If his tastes suddenly changed, it was a scary matter. The scholars of Da Long were used to the monogamy of the Emperor. If the Emperor really had broken the feelings one day, how many palace anger poems and calls on behalf of the Empress would there be?

Even until his middle age, He Heng was always doubtful of one thing. That was, what was the feelings that Qing Ju really had for him. Even though the two of them spent every day together, he always suspected that the Empress did not have feelings as deep for him as he did for her.

But usually, the Empress was always concerned about him in every way and never disregarded him. Over time, he felt that he was thinking too much. He was demanding too much and that was why he was disgruntled.

He had never asked the question of love and she had never responded. It was only once when he had been seriously ill, and when he woke up, and found Qing Ju, who was usually so attentive to her appearance, was guarding his side without beautiful makeup, and heavy shadows as though she had cried, that he didn't have the question anymore.