118

The Qin Family was imprisoned, and the eldest di daughter of the Qin Family who had once been Rui Wang Fei was decreed to be beheaded. Many people were speculating that this outcome, in addition to the fact that Qin Bai Lu had tried to kill the Empress, was related to the previous rumors that had been spread throughout Jing.

But disregarding all that, it was true that the conduct of the Qin Family in recent years had gradually lost the literary and scholarly style of the educated families. There were even some storytellers who said that the present head of the Qin Family was a shame on the ancestors of the Qin Clan.

Some reminisced on the conduct of the Qin shi in the past. When they returned, they used the matter of the Qin Family to teach their descendants so they did not walk the same road as the Qin Family.

When Dai Rong heard that Qin Bai Lu was to be publicly beheaded, she was so scared that she didn't dare to step outside. More than anyone, she knew as to what had really happened. In the beginning, when she and Qin Bai Lu had plotted to wreck the reputation of the Empress, Qin Bai Lu had told her many things about the hougong of Da Long. She hadn't thought that this matter would be uncovered so quickly and that Qin Bai Lu, the mastermind, couldn't even keep her own life.

On the day of Qin Bai Lu's execution, the autumn air was refreshing and many came out to watch. But until the moment just before she was executed, no one had come to send her off.

She looked blankly at her surroundings, and suddenly saw a man on a white horse behind the crowds. She stilled, tears suddenly streaming out of her dull eyes. At thirteen, her heart had moved for this man; at fifteen, she had married him; at seventeen, she had been divorced by him; at the moment before death, the one she saw was still him.

The black cloth covered her eyes. She twisted her head, wanting to have one more glance at him. In the end, she couldn't escape the executioner blocking her eyes. She heard the sound of cursing and mockery. Even though she concentrated, she didn't hear his voice.

That year at the palace banquet, if she didn't encounter him, that would have been good.

The only thing to blame was that at that time, she was too young, and that the stunning beauty of He Yuan had taken her time.

Maybe, who she really hated wasn't Qu Qing Ju or Qu Yue Su. All her hate, it really came from discontent, the discontent she had towards him. If a person could live their life again, she would become a normal woman, marry a normal man. Either rich or poor, but at least she could receive a portion of feelings that belonged to her.

Just like Qu Qing Ju, who had a man that protected her, and someone she could rely on for an entire lifetime.

"It's time, proceed!"

The noon gold sun shone off the blade the executioner raised, scattering bits of silver light. The brawny man took a mouthful of liquor and blew it over the large blade. Then he slowly raised it, and swung down hard.

A smile appeared at the corner of Qin Bai Lu's lips, as though she once again saw the bright youth at the palace banquet. Then, the world plunged into darkness.

The hand that He Yuan held the reins with, tightened and then slowly relaxed. He pulled on the reins to turn the horse, not looking at the executioner's platform. He gave a sigh, ordering: "He Fu Er, get someone to bury her properly."

When people were executed, if there was no family to take their corpse, they would be thrown into a mass burial ground in the end. Although he didn't have feelings for her and in the end, there was only mutual dislike,  He Yuan hadn't reached the stage where he could see his former woman die without a coffin.