I Sold My Virginity

Chapter 1- The Abduction 

Tahnee knocked softly on the door of her own home, heart beating loudly.

Hearing no footsteps, she unconsciously fiddled with her reddish brown hair. A bead of sweat perspired on her arched brow.

"Mom?" her unsure voice echoed throughout every corner of her small and rattled house.

"Come in." A familiar voice answers.

Taking half-hearted steps, she slowly edged closer to the living room. The wooden floor creaked under the pressure.

She didn't want to do this but it had to be done. She never belonged to a wealthy family, nor even the average one. They were poor. Dirt poor.

Her mother did not have it any better. She had single-handedly taken care of all six of us. No, her father was still around  but never even bothered to help. He seemed to think every problem could be solved by alcohol.

She took a long intake of breathe as she faced the living room fully. Her mother told her all she needed to know about them, about what they do.

Three men clothed in black gazed at her. Two of them immediately stood up, surrounding her. 

She stiffened, her usually bright and brown eyes turning black. Her mother, now standing up, looked at her pleadingly.

"Are you Miss Carter?" 

She nodded, looking at the brawny man who spoke. He was built strong, with black hair and amazingly chiseled features. 

"I'm Noel. Do you know what you're about to do, Miss Carter? "

She nodded again, looking like a lost puppy. She glanced at her mother for support. She only gave her a sheepish grin.

The truth was she did not know what she was about to do. She said yes to every opportunity to earn. She was that desperate. The only thing that she knew was that she was heading towards uncharted territory.  Her mother said that it would hurt. A lot. 

But to her, it did not even matter one bit. Little Sally was curled up, contently hugging my mother's tired shoulder. Even in that moment, she felt happiness spread through her. Sally was safe. Her shoulders slumped down a bit.

Sudden movement caused her to flinch away from her thoughts. The man to her left reached over to hold her down. She panicked, writhing away from him, eyes wide with fear.

Calmly, Noel then proceeded to reach a small checklist. He gave no time for her mother to react.

"Healthy?” Noel said, suddenly serious.

Mom then scampered to the kitchen. My eyes followed her small footsteps as she got a small piece of paper. She gave it shyly to Noel, head bowed down.

It was a doctor’s note.

She saw Noel check the first out of the ten boxes.

“No sickness, disease, or illnesses?”

She nodded her head like a fool as Noel checked seven boxes, basing them all on the note my mother gave him.

Her curiosity began to fill her as I thought the hundreds of possibilities. Why were they asking such questions?

“Maybe I was to work in a factory.

No, I remember, Mom said something about it being illegal.

Perhaps as a drug messenger?

I hope …..”

Her thoughts were once more eradicated as a stiff hand made contact with her cheek. She immediately retracted, cowering in pain.