Chapter 21

I sprang into action the moment Henry was collected from the penthouse on Monday morning. We'd phoned both sets of parents with an invitation to join us in Vegas the following weekend. It would just be the six of us, which suited me just fine. If our parents were shocked about the arrangement, they didn't say anything. My first job was to organise some flights for them.

I found a rather sweet, lacy white dress on Net-A-Porter, and some pretty lingerie, which I ordered in a couple of sizes. Henry had a gorgeous navy blue Tom Ford suit that he planned to wear, with a crisp white shirt and cerulean silk tie. We would all be staying in suites, three of the five available at the Four Seasons. I knew my Mum would love it. We were meeting them there on Friday evening, after filming finished for the day. The only person in Detroit who knew about it was Zach, who was sworn to secrecy. Henry had only told him because we needed to make sure no filming that included Henry ended up scheduled for the weekend.

My Dad pulled me into a hug as soon as he opened the door to us. They'd arrived the day before and had settled in nicely. "I can't believe my baby girl is getting married," he said. "It only seems five minutes ago I was your favourite man in the whole wide world." I noticed his eyes were a little glossy.

"You'll always be my favourite man Dad," I reassured him. Mum kissed Henry on the cheek.

"I'll take good care of her, don't you worry," Henry said to my Dad, shaking his hand.

Henry's parents joined us ten minutes later, clearly delighted that we were finally tying the knot. We were hosting a dinner in the dining room of our suite, so it was a happy, relaxed affair. Both sets of parents seemed to really hit it off.

"It's really quite romantic," sighed Mum, "running away to Vegas to get married with only a few family members."

"It is," agreed Henry's Dad, "far better than the hoopla they'd have suffered if they'd done it traditionally. Can you just imagine the security they'd have needed?" Henry nodded. We'd only taken two security personnel to Vegas. Having checked online, nobody had got wind that we were there. It had been another reason we'd kept it to just our parents, the fewer people who knew, the better. Both sets had been asked not to breathe a word to a soul, even other family members. We needed it kept secret until it was done.

The following morning, henry dutifully took his suit and stuff across to his parent's suite to get ready there. I spent the morning alone, having a long, slow bath while I collected my thoughts and got ready for the ceremony at one. I pondered how it would feel to be Mrs Cavill, to join the gang of Cavill daughters in law and be part of such a large family. I hoped that getting married so privately wouldn't cause a massive backlash from Henry's fans. Although nothing they said really mattered, it wasn't easy being slated online. I could only hope they remembered how happy they'd been at my return and the horrified outrage they'd expressed about the attack.

At ten to one, we all set off in two cars from outside the back of the hotel. The manager had made sure no photographers were around before we stepped out of the service entrance and into the blacked out cars. Ten minutes later we pulled up outside the little chapel, my Mum looking around nervously for reporters. "I don't think they hang around wedding chapels on the off chance a celeb will show up to get married," I laughed. I was right, we were safe.

I gazed into Henry's beautiful blue eyes as we said our vows, promising to love each other for the rest of our lives. I meant every word, and so did he. I could always tell when he was telling the truth. It felt as though we were the only people in the room, nobody else existed, just Henry and I, telling each other how much our love meant. It felt as though my heart would explode with happiness.

This beautiful, handsome man was mine. He had flaws and was human, but he loved me, I was certain of that. What we had together was real, nothing to do with movies, publicity or fame. It was just him and I, two halves who found each other. By the end of the ceremony, we were both grinning at each other like kids.

After some pictures, snapped by my Dad, we all stepped outside, and back into the cars. This time, Henry and I had one to ourselves, we were finally alone. He slid up the privacy screen. "Happy?" He asked.

"Ecstatic, you?"

"The same. I can't believe we just did it Mrs Cavill."

"I know. Feels surreal. Well Mr Cavill, you just got yourself a wife."

He pulled me into his arms and held me tight. "I know, good isn't it?"