Part 1

Yoon Seri does not want to wake up but consciousness finds her as streaks of sunlight penetrate the windows. She feels a throbbing pain on one side of her head almost immediately. She slowly opens her unwilling eyes and instinctively her hand massages where the pain is, although it really does nothing to make her feel better.

In a matter of seconds, she quickly registers why the migraine, it happens often after crying and that she had been incessantly doing so last night. Feeling tears stream down her cheeks again, she mocks herself inwardly. Clearly her well has not dried up as one would have thought and feels plenty more coming.

* * *

12 hours earlier

TGIF. What a long week it has been for Seri but all becomes forgotten the moment she sinks down in her seat at the dinner table as Ri Jeong Hyeok busies himself filling her plate with the food he had just prepared for them both.

They have been together for two years now yet he has not ceased to make her heart flutter with all the seemingly simple gestures he makes time for. Ri Jeong Hyeok was as perfect as a gentleman could be, if she hadn't believed in love before, he certainly has proven her wrong. He takes notice as she fixes her gaze on him with an expression full of thoughts. "Why are you looking at me like that?" he asks innocently.

She smirks. "Just thinking if there was ever a time you haven't been sexy." Jeong Hyeok laughs and stares down at himself, he certainly looked far from delectable he thinks to himself, after having spent the past few hours in the kitchen. He takes off the apron over his head and indicates that he will change into something more decent.

He comes back in a matter of minutes and as she pours them some drinks, he settles in his seat comfortably. "How was your day today, baby?" he asks attentively. Before she could respond, he suddenly remembers that she had met her father earlier. "Oh wait, how did it go with your dad today, did he ask for anything this time?"

Seri's expression falters immediately but she quickly recovers so Jeong Hyeok doesn't catch it. "Oh uh, just his usual self basically, nothing, nothing worth sharing," she smiles meekly, feigning nonchalance. But she forgets that he knows her too well not to register what she was trying to do. However, he decides against prodding, considering how he has come to understand that it was a sore subject and more often than not, he indulges in her own timing when it comes to her opening up. So he leaves it at that for the time being and goes back to enjoying the food laid out in front of them.

They exchange further talks about what had been happening at their workplace and stuff about their friends. Two hours went by and they were still at the dinner table. Just as Seri was about to clear up, Jeong Hyeok jumps up from his seat. "Omo!" Jeong Hyeok shrieks as he reads off a text on his phone, which startles her slightly. He doesn't usually lose his cool that way, but she smiles at how adorable her boyfriend is when he sheds off his macho exterior. "Tae-gu and Chae-yoon are having a baby!!"

Seri's eyes widen in surprise but quickly expresses her joy for the couple she has come to know through her boyfriend. "That's so great for them!" Jeong Hyeok hugs Seri to share his excitement and kisses her. He turns back to his phone to reply to the group text chain that has turned into frenzy with the news. She observes the man before her who seems completely taken by the news, if one hadn't known any better, one would have thought he was the one expecting. She tries to ignore the sudden unease that creeps onto her.

"I'm so excited for them," he declares. Seri's back was facing him now as she starts to wash some of the dishes over the kitchen sink. She continues to listen passively as he continues to express his elation for his friends and she fails to suppress her nervousness when he starts shifting the topic to them. Next thing she knows, he wraps his arms around her waist from behind.