~4~

I woke up before both of them and went downstairs. My mom was down there cooking breakfast.

"Hi sweetie" she said as she saw me.

"Hello mother" I groaned, still sleepy.

"How are the girls?"

"Still asleep, I think."

She continued cooking then I heard a "Well shit, were completely out of milk and eggs."

Thaaaat meant I have to go to the store down the street and get her milk and eggs. Yaaay."

My mom looked at me and I was already up the stairs, putting on some black leggings, black converse, and some crewneck sweatshirt I found in my closet. I took off my makeup and left my hair the way it was; it hadn't really got messed up in the night. I looked like shit but it's just the store, right?

I was off. I walked in, and walked towards the freezer things. I got the milk, and when I turned around, some guy was there. he grinned as he saw me.

"Hello" he said. I wasn't sure why he was talking to me.

"Hi" I said in reply, still standing in front of the freezer door. He signaled to the milk that sit inside and I blushed, moving away realizing he needed to get in. "Sorry" I said quietly, obviously embarrassed. He was so adorably hot. He had tan skin and dark hair with a blonde streak in the front. He looked quite Asian, but I didn't think he was. He wore a gray beanie and black skinny jeans, with a Green Day tank. I was feeling something. I was confused why I was feeling like that. Then I had another feeling, more embarrassment, realizing how I looked. He didn't seem to care, because for some reason, he kept talking to me.

"Early morning trip to the grocery store? let me think...making breakfast and then you realize you have no milk left?"

I giggled, replying with "Yeeaaa. Well, my mom."

He grinned cheekily. "My buddy Michael sent me out, same reason."

I giggled again, and was about to walk away before the odd feeling got weirder but I got so lost in dark, chocolate eyes. God he was attractive.

"Well you'd better bring that back to Michael then...-" I paused so he could tell me his name.

"Calum. Calum Hood. And you are?"

"Cara Oliver" I said, then smiled once more. We then exchanged numbers and checked out our milk jugs together. So it was kind of like a date, right? As soon as we finished, I felt like I forgot something. The eggs. I forgot the damn eggs. Well I can't just go back and get them, that'd be even more embarrassing. So I let it go. My mom would be happy to hear that I just met a guy.

Wait

Hold up

I just met a guy

I just freaking met a guy

I don't know whether to feel happy orrrr

Then I remembered it. My last relationship. God it's so taunting.

We said our goodbyes and I got in my car.

I started thinking. I let myself think about it, about my previous relationship.

His name was Daniel. I gave my everything to him, I loved him. Things changed with him, and it's what made loving and trusting not so easy for me.