"And den dis boy tis me! It was dross!" My head snapped in her direction at those words. What the hell does she mean a boy kissed her!? I shouldn't have to worry about that for a lot longer.

"Who kissed you?" She scrunched up her nose in distaste, walking over to her bag to get something.

"A boy at mommy's dance. He pways wit me while we wait for her to det done."

"What did mommy do about it?" There is no way this little punk is getting away with kissing my little girl. She's three for fuck's sake!

"She told his mommy and daddy to watch their kid. She said some bad words too." I couldn't help but chuckle at the image forming in my head of my fiery little Kitty pulling Jay behind her, red in the face, and cussing out this little boy's parents. I should've known toots would have it covered.

"Well, I'm glad mommy handled it, cause you're not allowed to kiss boys until you're at least 35." She giggled and shook her head.

"No daddy!" I lifted her into my arms and tickled her tummy, loving the sound of her squealing giggles as she squirmed to break free of my hold.

"No? What do you mean no? You don't want to kiss boys till you are 40?" She only laughed harder, gasping for breath when I finally stopped my assault. "Do you want some food?"

"Foo sir." God, I loved it when she said it like that. The rest of the day was spent about like that, we'd talk about whatever she wanted to then we'd play for a while, we'd take snack or movie breaks then pick up right where we left off on our game or conversation. It was now bedtime, meaning Jay needed to call her mom to say goodnight.

I walked off to my office to get my laptop while Jaylee finished up her bath and started getting dressed. I heard the sound of her toothbrush playing a song to tell her how long to brush for. She walked out of my bathroom just as I'd finished setting up the Skype call for her.

"You better come over here quick, mommy is gonna be on the screen anytime now." Her little legs scurried as fast as they could, and she struggled to get on the bed for a moment before I decided to help her.

"Hello?"

"Mommy!"

"Hey my love! How are you? Did you have a good day at daddy's house?" It was pretty obvious how happy Kitty was to see her baby, and I couldn't really blame her. She had raised Lee on her own for two and a half years, I'm sure letting me in was scary.

"I dood, I had so much fun! I told daddy about da boy dat tis me." Kitty giggled lightly and glanced at me with a nervous expression.

"Did it upset you as much as it upset me? I thought I had plenty of time to prepare myself for that type of stuff, so it blindsided me."

"My sentiments exactly. I told her she can't kiss until she's at least 35." Kitty let out a hearty laugh that made my insides turn into mush, and the twisting in my chest that always pulled towards her increased exponentially.

"Well you heard him Jay, daddy laid down the law. No kissing till you're 35." Jaylee just shrugged it off and continued talking to her mom. The longer she talked the droopier her eyes got and eventually she fell asleep mid-sentence. "All the excitement must've worn her out."

"Yeah." I wanted to say it, I wanted to tell her that I was being stupid and the more that I think about it the more I understand why it's so hard for her to trust. I've been to Kentucky with her, and sans her Gigi, there was not one person over there I would've considered trustworthy.

"What do you want to do about Disney?" I'd honestly completely forgotten about that. The trip was scheduled for the week after next.

"We could go, I know you were really excited, and I really wanted to take Jaylee." She nodded but didn't say anything. "What were you thinking?"