Dressage and Dresses

Start from the beginning

"Good, because the carriage is here, and we need to go." Bessie says from the doorway.

"Thank you, Besssie!" I say grabbing Momsie's hand. "We mustn't keep Madame Marigold waiting!" She just laughs as we exit the room and I grab Bessie's hand as we go by. "Today is the day! Today I will find the perfect gown!"

"I certainly hope so. You only tried on no less than one hundred last time, or so it felt like." Bessie teases.

"Oh, hush! You enjoyed it almost as much as I did." I laugh, and so does Bessie.

"Alright, you got me there." She laughs. "It had been fun for the most part, but as it got closer to closing time, and you still hadn't found a gown, I was ready to be finished."

"Well, that will not happen today! I just know that I'll find the perfect gown, or my name is Glinda the Good!" I say as breezing past them heading for the carriage waiting in front of the inn.

When we are all settled in the carriage we head to Madame Marigold's shop chatting about the day's schedule. The streets were not as busy as the first time we went to the shop, so the ride only ended up being a ten minutes trip instead of twenty, and the closer we got the more excited I was.

"Welcome back to my shop Glinda, Lerena, and Bessie." Madame Marigold says with a grin as she comes to greet us at the carriage. "Just like last time I have closed the shop so that we can focus solely on you, Glinda. As I stated last time we had a new shipment of gowns come in, and you get to see them first, and I have a very special surprise for you."

"Ohh! What is it?" I squeal excitedly, bouncing a little.

"Lady Glinda, I hope you don't think me rude, but if I were to tell you then it wouldn't be a surprise." She chuckles, and so does Momsie and Bessie.

I pout. "Fine, but you know I am not patient."

"Trust me, darling, we know that." Momsie chuckles. "As I have told you many times before that patience-"

"Patience is a virtue. I know, I know. I hate that saying by the way." I make a face and still pout.

"May I make a suggestion?" Bessie says getting everyone's attention. "Why don't we go inside?" We turn and look at her. "If we go inside then you can find out what the surprise is, and then you don't have to be patient anymore."

"She does have a point, Lady Glinda." Madame Marigold chuckles as we head into the shop. "Now, Lady Glinda-"

"Mari, please as I stated before just call me Glinda." I say smiling.

"Right, I am sorry, forgive me." She smiles.

"That's okay, really." I grin.

"Now, Glinda, let's get you into the changing room. Tessa," She calls a young lady over. "Please take Glinda to the changing room, and I will go and get started looking for some gowns."

"Yes, Madame Marigold." Tessa says giving a slight curtsy. "Please follow me, Lady Glinda." I follow her to the dressing room. "Right in here, please. Do you require help?"

"No thank you, Tessa, but I will call you if I need you." I grin.

"Very good, Ma'am," she says, giving a curtsy, and leaving.

I hum happily as I begin to undress waiting for the first gown to come, and slip into a robe that is provided. About ten minutes later there is a knock on the door. "Glinda, may I come in?" It's Mari.

"Yes, Mari." I sing-song, and give an excited bounce. "Do you have the first gown?" I ask as she enters.

"Not exactly," she says with a chuckle. "I do have someone I would like you to meet though."