The Sport Festival

Start from the beginning

Izuku continued to the Festival with his backpack full of notebooks (seven to be precise). He was going to be recording like crazy.

UA staff room

All Might was sitting alone getting ready for the Festival. He would be expected to make an appearance towards the end to present the medals to the victors. This would also be a good chance to look for a successor. This was more necessary than before since his allotted time to use One for All had been reduced to fifty minutes from his battle with Nomu.

However his mind was focused on another matter. He had spoken to Naomasa about seeing the list of quirkless people who had promised that he would be able to see it. Surprisingly enough the Government didn't place much security around or care who looked at it, which All Might found strange.

"Why the government didn't put security on the Quirkless?" Momo asked.

"They probably think that no one will look upon Quirkless due to them of not having a Quirks," Tomura replied.

"Just to show you how the government cares more about people with Quirk than Quirkless," Dabi said.

"Bunch of dumbasses if you ask me." Devil said.

Naomasa would be coming next week to talk with him as he still had a lot of work to do. All Might didn't mind though, he knew how busy his job was.

While he didn't want to believe it he had to consider the possibility that the boy he'd met nearly a year ago was Deku. They seemed so similar. If he was then it was most likely his fault for the boy's transformation. That meant he had to be the one to fix it.

However, despite his assault on Bakugo Deku had displayed certain qualities of a hero from what he had seen and heard of him. That meant that there was still hope.

"I will find out the truth," he swore. "If you are Deku then I will stop you, and I will save you."

"Save him? Aren't you the one that put him on this path?" All for One taunt with a smirk causing All Might to glare at him.

"My other self made a mistake. I'm sure he will save Midoriya-shounen from your evil hand." All Might said.

"We shall see, All Might." All for One said.

UA Sports Festival Stands several hours later

Izuku had been recording what he saw like mad. Throughout the first and second rounds he watched each of the competitors use their quirks and analysed them which wasn't very difficult. He was also able to keep up thanks to the monitors (he wasn't that fast at recording).

It was the rounds of combat that he watched intently, the competitors that had made it that far were the most skilled and dangerous. Most of the 1A group (not surprisingly Bakugo included) had made it to this round. Izuku knew each of them of course, he had looked at the list from the Unforeseen Simulation Joint enough to remember their faces. Some however stood out more than others. Shoto Todoroki was the son of the infamous hero Endeavor and possessed a quirk that allowed him to manipulate ice. Although from what Izuku had seen he clearly had inherited his father's quirk as well, though he appeared reluctant, more like repulsed, to use it, though he didn't know why. The other was Tenya Iida. Izuku recognised his family name as the one who embodied the Turbo Hero Ingenium, his quirk only added further proof.

As the battles began Izuku recorded everything he saw, how people used their quirks and their battle styles. He watched Bakugo's first fight with Ochaco Uraraka, who he recognised as the girl he'd rescued.