Prologue: I See You

Sinister clutched the dainty piece of paper in his hands; a short clip message was written across the paper inviting him for a luncheon at the Nox Manor. The weather was pleasant, the warmth beaming he could feel the warm feeling of happiness of people in his duty list.

He could easily feel the energy around him. Even the paper that he was holding held a small power in case the paper would end up in the wrong hands.

At the back of his head Sinister could feel something off in his balance; he couldn't pinpoint this itching thought inside his head that made him very concerned about his surroundings. He could hear the merry chirping of birds; the calm flow of water circulating in the fountain; the slow dance the leaves do as they hang around their twigs as the soft wind blew it's melody; and a faint sound of crying.

Crying?

Now that he knew what ticks his balance off, Sinister blew out the air that he was holding, making him more attentive to his surroundings trying to look for that soft crying he hears in nearby.

A foreign feeling invaded his heart as he delicately walked the pebbled pathway to a heavenly garden, filled with all the flowers that are so pretty in the eyes. Bumilis ang tibok ng kanyang puso ng maliwanag na niyang naririnig ang mahinhin na pag-iyak ng isa bata

Inilibot ni Sinister ang kanyang tingin sa kabuuan ng hardin, napakaganda nito at puno ng mahalimuyak na bulaklak. Napangiti na lang siya ng masulyapan ang isang pigura na hindi madaling makita sa tumpok ng mga bulaklak.

Dahan-dahang hinawi ni Sinister ang halamang nakaharang, at nahigit niya ang kanyang hininga ng makita ang bilugang pisngi ng batang babae; at ang nagba-badyang luha sa kanyang inosenteng mga mata.

The little angel was beyond breathtaking to Sinister's eyes, she was everything beyond in his vocabulary. He couldn't understand the sudden change of gear in his actual being as they were stupefied with each other's existence.

Sinister was pulled out of his reverie when the little girl blinked and he sensed the little throbbing pain she felt, she may have pricked her fingers trying to find her way out. Being an Angel, he could feel a creature's emotions and feelings within proximity. It was an ability they were given by the Greater Good to serve and cater to every living person that is walking on earth.

A small squeak escaped from the little girl's lips, when Sinister suddenly went inside the small circle to accompany her inside. Crouching on his feet, he offered her a heart warming smile and offered his hand out.

"Don't be afraid," she hesitated to meet his eyes, "I'm your Angel," Sinister softly murmured to her. Her reaction was beyond the norm, the little girl's mouth quivered the second he was finished with his small introduction to her.

Usually, when they're around and introduce themselves as their Angel anyone would instantly feel safe in their presence. But he failed the little girl, as soft cries escaped her mouth; as her tears gingerly fell down her cheeks. Sinister's heart cracked as he watched her cry and sniffled, trying to contain her own sorrows.

What could happen to a little girl to feel this pain?

"Hey, little angel, what's the matter?" Sinister tried to ask her but the girl wasn't responding to his calls, she was so cute even when she's crying.

"My name is Sin, how about you little angel?" His heart aches as tears flowed down at her rosy cheeks, but it surprised him the most was this determined look in her little face as small hiccups escape her mouth; as she fixes her eyes on him. With the brave and sad look that mirrors her emotions, she finally spoke.

"I'm..." the little girl hesitated, but Sin looked at her tenderly; urging her. "Alisia."

unedited