There was a knock at the bedroom door, which Cas went to answer, and found Dean standing outside holding a single, huge sunflower.

'Afternoon,' Dean grinned.

Cas laughed. 'Where did you get a sunflower at this time of year?'

'I have my ways. You ready to go?'

'Yes, just let me put this in some water.' Cas put it in the vase on the dining room cabinet, clipped Hoagie into his harness and leash, and followed Dean outside.

When they got to the end of the driveway, Cas stopped, staring out at the road apprehensively.

'Take your time,' Dean said, standing beside him.

Cas gripped Hoagie's leash tightly and took a shaky breath. 'Dean...?'

'Yeah?'

'Would it be all right if I held your hand?'

'Of course.'

Cas slipped his hand into Dean's and squeezed. His fingers were rough and calloused, but they fit so well in Cas's hand, it was as though they had always belonged there.

So with Hoagie's leash in one hand and Dean in the other, Cas took a step forward.

Dean led the way, turning right at the end of the driveway and down a steep hill, then right again at the bottom.

The road opened out onto a large square, lined all the way around with sidewalk, and cars parked along them. There was a huge patch of grass in the middle, where children and several dogs were playing, while their parents watched from the benches scattered around it. Hoagie strained against his leash.

'You okay?' Dean asked.

Cas didn't realise he'd stopped walking, but nodded. A few people waved to them, and Cas waved back uncertainly. 'Do we know all these people?' asked Cas.

Dean grinned. 'Sure. We were their first - uh - gay couple and when we moved in, they made a big deal out of letting us know that it's not a big deal.'

'Really? That's nice of them.'

'They got a bit too excited, honestly. They threw us a huge barbecue on the green over there. It was a little embarrassing, but I'd rather that than if they were the other way inclined.'

Cas nodded thoughtfully and allowed Dean to keep them moving.

They were passing a small grocery store, when a short, blonde woman came out and hugged Dean.

'It's so good to see you both!' she exclaimed, hugging Cas as well.

'Cas, this is Belle, she owns this shop here,' Dean said.

'Oh, of course, I'm so sorry!' Belle said, clapping a hand to her mouth.

'It's fine,' Cas mumbled.

'Listen, anything you need, I'm right here. You can call in any time.'

'Thanks, Belle,' Dean smiled. 'We're taking a walk, but I'll be back for those tomatoes.'

'I look forward to it,' Belle called as they walked away.

'Tomatoes?' Cas asked.

'Yeah, I'm making pizza tonight, you in?'

'Absolutely. I love your pizza.'

Dean looked at him, surprised. 'You do?'

'Yes, it's delicious.'

Dean turned pink and grinned. 'Only 'cause the dough you make is so good.'

'I make pizza dough?'