Fragmented Dreams of Sleep

Chapter 1

Flashes of faceless people. Women in beautiful ballgown dresses and men in dashing suits with shiny badges decorating across it. Laughter drifted, bouncing to each corner of his mind. A tea party. A maze full of red roses. More laughter. Cards. Games. Pink liquid sloshing in a small glass bottle labeled with the words, 'drink me.' Rules.

Ere... n

E.. ren!

Eren

With a loud gasp of air, emerald filled orbs snapped open to stare at the tree branches above. "Nnhg.. Huh? W-What?" Eren croaked out and blinked hazily to find his mother's face hovering over him. His mother covered her hand to soften her amused chuckle.

"Eren... Dear, I found you fast asleep outside. Just what were you dreaming about?" She teased, tugging lightly at his ear.

"Mmh, I don't remember... I think a game.. With rules.."

"If you dreamt of games, then you must have really wanted to play a game. Hmm.. How about we play a fun game of cards? I'll go back inside to get the cards."

Eren nodded sleepily, rubbing at his eyes and watched the retreated figure of his beloved mother. This past month has taken a large toll on him.

Time has past and no avail, Eren Jaeger was still completely hopeless in his pitiful situation. Weeks ago without any warnings of what so whether, his parents revealed to him that they were in fact, moving to a completely different country. England to be specific.

The land of gloomy skies and cold weather. Perfecto.

To top it off, anywhere he went people stared at his sun kissed skin and brightly colored eyes. Everyone seemed dull and lifeless, making Eren a sore spot in the crowd.

At least, they moved to a home out in the countryside. That was practically the only good thing about this. Some clear air to cleanse his lungs.

So here Eren was, plopped slab on freshly cut grass, sulking in his misfortune and ended up falling asleep, only to dream of moving colors and strange games.

With a small yawn, he laid down on the grass and curled into a small ball. A rustle coming from his right was heard but Eren paid no bother to it. His eyelids dropped slightly as a small rabbit popped out of the bushes.

"You! You're supposed to follow me! What are you doing? You have to chase me!"

What the hell is going on.. A rabbit talking? Oh. I must have fallen asleep again. These last few weeks have really drained me then.

Eren ignored the rabbit, letting his eyelids drift downward.

An irritated sigh was heard. "Urgh. It can't be helped."

Air swooshed past Eren's ears as his body was suddenly hauled into the air. His eyes snapped open in shock as he was hoisted over a male's back. "What the hell!? Let go of me, you bastard!" He yelled, pounding on the other's back.

"Don't scream in my ear." The man replied with a sly smirk. The cute little rabbit has transformed into a handsome human male with two white rabbit ears placed above his hair to mark that he was actually the small rabbit before. "I'll put you down when we get there. So stop squirming like a child."

Eren's orbs enlarged into wide masses as he caught where they were running towards. "Why is there a huge hole in my backyard!? Stop! Put me down!" His hands pounded onto the humanoid rabbit's back.

"Huh. Oh I wonder why, Eren. But if there's a hole, you have to be curious and jump in."

With a leap and a tumble, the two males disappeared down the hole.

Eren screamed in pure terror, reaching out to the light above that only shrunk in size.

Before he knew it, there was only

Darkness

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀༻

|| Who do you think the rabbit is? The rabbit's name will be revealed in the next chapter so hang tight, readers! :P Btw Eren can end up with any other character in the story since I'm not set on any pairing rn. I'll be adding tags as we go into the story so I won't spoil anything ||