Three

It was a shiny sunset by the time Janice and David took a sit on the seashore. It took there breaths away as they looked at the nearly fading sun across the horizon of water, outstanding. Their feet were tickled by the crippling waves, and the saltiness of the air seemed fine. Noticeably, everything at that moment seemed perfectly placid.

“Janice. . .” David cooed. “I need you; we will chase everything, either infinity or eternity.”

David’s hair was tousled; it was glimmering like his blue-gray eyes. That was what she thought. He was alluring, half of his face was swallowed by the shadow and the rest was lit by the sunset’s light.

“David I will always love you, need you, want you. It is for forever, it’ll be you and I.” Janice replied. Their hearts were jubilant; they could feel each other’s vividness.

“I will always love you. My beloved.” Said him, voice too low like a murmur, as if they were taking the serenity of the place. Though they always say those words to each other, there is no time that when they said it, it didn’t hit a nerve.

Beloved.

Dawn was breaking ahead, just a thin line of gold at the bottom of the darkness of the vast sea. Flirtation is clearly inappropriate, but it was a romantic moment, and it feels as if the entire world has stopped.He kissed him. They both savored each others lips.

Locked in a moment that neither one of them seemed willing to end.

But then, everything dematerialized. The picturesquely scenery became murky, and then vanished. Janice, she woke up with a sweet smile and bitter tears in her eyes. She was taken aback for a moment, she didn’t want to wake up because she thought that her dreams were the reality, and the reality was her dream. Neither one of those seemed believable at the time being. The stark irony seemed surreal.

She lost track of the time, the surgery was still in process and it was hours since the neurosurgeons began. She felt sick, she thought she might faint. The door opened and a man in midnight blue jeans and red shirt entered. It was Matthew Lykke, brother of his dying David. Her emotions were still swirling that she didn’t even notice he was already in her room. Matthew stepped a little closer to his bedside, he stared outside through the window.

“You know, David and I were planning his proposal for you when the both of you finished studies. But . . .” Matthew stopped, feeling a lump on his throat. This is hard for him, for Janice and for everyone, for sure.

On what she had heard, it didn’t trigger any joyous spirit on her soul. In lieu, it just intensified her loneliness, her rue. She looked on Matthew; she could see the faintest liquid on his eyes.

“I’m  .  . . sorry.” She said, there was misery and at the same time there was also a pang of guilt eating her.

“No you don’t have too. I heard the brake failed. And David didn’t wear any helmet. . .” He was stopped by the crumbling lady he’s talking with. He felt sympathy for her, but like her he had had the broken feeling.

“It is because of me! He let me have the helmet! Because of me, he is in this hell. I should be the one laying there, not him!” Cried Janice, she was crumbling inside of her. Feeling desolated like everyone else. She can’t digest everything, probably because everything seemed to be adamant and painful to swallow. The concept of it made her sicker.

Matthew reeled, then leaned to her, hugged her tightly and without instantly cried silently. “I’m betting that my brother thought of you at that moment. He thought that you should be living, that you should live and everything will be okay.” His words cut his throat.