Pop corns and late night movies

Start from the beginning

He cocked a brow, and gave me a smug face.

"Shit. Those words came out wrongly." I said, then facepalmed.

"You are not entirely wrong tho. I want to get in bed with you, cuz it's a really cold night... And you know what they say about cold nights..." He was saying when I interrupted.

"Wait, what?" I asked.

"Get your mind out of the gutters, silly." He said laughing. "Cold nights are meant for late-night movies and popcorn... Unless if you are suggesting something else..." He said giving me a naughty smile.

"I am not." I said rolling my eyes. I shifted to the other side of the bed to create a little room for him. He sat on the bed, then handed me a warm cup. "Vanilla and milk flavor. I hope it tastes as nice as it looks tho." He said.

"Well, there is only one way to find out, don't you think?" I said, then quickly popped two into my mouth. The flavors caressed my tastebuds, and they were quite impressive. "Wow! This is really good stuff."

"For real?"

"Yeah, for real. Here, have a taste." I said, trying to place one in his mouth.

"Nah. I would have mine when the movie starts." He said then hunched over to remove his sneakers. "Do you have softs in the refrigerator?"

I popped the popcorn I offered him into my mouth. "Yeah."

"Great." He said, then got to his feet and walked to the refrigerator. He came back with two cans of coca-cola. "You know what they say, popcorn without the cola is completely useless." Then he laid down next to me, leaning with his back placed on the headboard slat. He handed over a can of coke to me, it was super chilled.

"You just formed that now, right?" I asked.

"Uh-huh." He replied then poked the lid of the drink.

"So, how is that leg?" He asked as he crossed his feet, and took a sip of his drink. He was still putting on his black socks, they looked pretty neat.

"Well, I would say it's improving, because the pain keeps alleviating by each passing moment. I guess Dr. Odeife was right after all, it is gonna heal soon enough." I said, staring at him.

We stared at each other in silence for some seconds, then in unison, we crashed into laughter. We both knew the reason why we were laughing.

"That chick really had it bad for you sha!" I said still laughing hard.

"She dialed the wrong number, cuz obviously I am not available." His reply incited my interest. So I sat up and thrust forward with the discussion.

"Most guys I know would grab the opportunity immediately... Even if it is just to chop and clean mouth... But why... Why is your case different?" I asked, still staring at him with a burning intensity. I knew I was pushing him towards the "us" topic, which scared the shit outta me because right now I didn't have the answers to the questions I presaged he would ask, but I still wanted to find out the reason why he said he was unavailable.

"As I said, she dialed the wrong number, cuz I am not one to play around with ladies. And most importantly, when I have eyes for one, I don't look at any other." He said, gazing at me with those eyes that said it all. This heart of his was broken by me ten years ago, and ten years after, he was still evidently willing to risk breaking it a second time.

He extended his hand and reached for the remote control which laid beside my hip. In the process, his hand brushed my hip slightly. The little touch caused an electric wave to rush through my whole body. He felt my body's reaction to his touch, he knew I longed to be in his arms. He bit his bottom lip, then winked at me, and said. "Let's steal a movie or two Hun."