Prologue: Four Years Ago

Start from the beginning

          I was pretty sure it was twenty bucks.

          The man stepped on my face with his muddy rubber boot. "Let me teach you a lesson as to why little witches shouldn't be running in the rain at night." He pointed at one of his men who was smoking a cigarette. The man gave it to his leader who pressed the cigar on my leg. I screamed. "Hmm. What should be your punishment?"

          He grabbed me by the hair again and threw me to the three men who catched me by my arms and chin. A hand pulled my head up, exposing my neck. They put a chain on my mouth, preventing me from screaming. I struggled to break free. My legs flailed.

          "Your parents seem rich." the leader said, glowering at me. He stepped on my feet to keep me from kicking. "If we held you for a ransom...nah." He caressed my cheeks and let his hand slide down my neck to my torso. He held my waist with his two hands then down...down...

          "Hey, you know. My girlfriend just broke up with me. Said I'm 'too rough'." He started crouching and started feeling my legs. His hands went up and stopped in a ginger area of my upper thigh. My tears felt hot. The chain around my mouth was as ice cold as the man's touch. He ripped off my skirt and licked my thigh. He started pressing his hands and lips stronger.

          "Let's see how rough I am when I actually try..." He murmured.

          He hugged my legs and bit every single portion he can. He sucked on my knees. Then, he started unbuttoning my blouse. I yelped. The men behind me started snickering. The man massaged my stomach and began biting me again. I felt so helpless. I felt so weak. He spread my legs with his and pressed his body on me. He looked at his men to remove the chain on my mouth.

          "You better taste as good as your slender body..." The man said and licked my cheeks. His hands ran around my bare back, making its way to my bra. As soon as I felt his tongue near my lips, I bit his tongue strongly and my mouth immediately tasted metallic. The man stumbled back, and I kicked him down with my free feet, using the three men to keep my balance. I could've probably broken free from their grip since they laxed for a second. But I was tired. So, tired.

          The man yelled, but my voice was stronger. "HELP!" I cried. "HELP!" The man regained his posture and touched his bloody mouth.

          "Wrong move, girlie." He stomped toward me and popped up a knife. He stepped on my feet and cut my torso twice. I screamed more for help. He grabbed my long hair and chopped it. He held the hair on his fists and punched me. My eyes went out of focus. I could taste bloog inside my mouth. He then grabbed my face and I could just see his face go nearer. No...stop. I pursed my lips for the worst. But then I heard a small thud. He turned around.

          "Hey. Stop it." a blurred figure of a boy in a Zorro outfit said. He had a wooden sword in one hand, and a rock in the other. He threw the rock at one of the men and it hit his forehead directly. Sadly, the power wasn't enough to knock him out. The boy brought out his metal sword and ran towards the men.

          The men started laughing, but the boy got them by surprise by not attacking the leader first. He slashed at the man who held my right arm. The man howled in pain, holding his bleeding thigh. I struggled to break free, but I didn't have to. The two other men let me go. I didn't know how much I depended on them to stand since the weight I had made me crash down to the ground.

          "Stop with this nonsense!" The leader yelled. With the knife, he cut the side of the boy's neck. Blood gushed down. The boy remained composure and kicked the leader hard. The leader stumbled. The boy then attacked the two met. He hit one with the butt of his sword on the forehead and stabbed the foot of the other. He then slashed the man with a bruised forehead on his torso. With nearby bottles, he smashed them on the three men's heads in few motions as possible. They fell unconscious.

          Wow, was that boy lucky they were near each other.

          He then faced the leader.

          "Oh come on. A silly ten-year-old like you should be playing video games right now. I was going to let you leave, but you crossed the line." the man said.

          The boy adjusted his black mask and removed his cape. "I'm twelve." He lunged to the leader, but it was no use. He wasn't fazed any longer. He slapped the boy's sword to the side. and kicked him. The boy fell to the ground. He tried to regain his posture, but the leader just kicked his stomach. The boy gave a loud cry. The leader started stomping on the boy who let out stifled yelps.

          "Not so confident now, huh, punk?" The man bellowed. He laughed hard.

          "Your tattoos suck, pedophile." The boy spat and reached for his nearby metal sword. He weakly slahsed the leader's leg. The leader crouched down and yelled foul words at the boy.

          Something wasn't right. The boy couldn't have inflicted that much. Even he should know that, but why is the man...

          The boy crawled towards me. "You're safe now." he said in between gasps. He had bruises on his face. His neck still bled. I couldn't talk at that time anymore. My voice failed. I was traumatized as what just happened a while ago flew across my head. "Hey, hey. I heard your voice. Sorry, I took a while. My parents wouldn't listen to me, so I had to sneak out the house when they slept." He touched my forehead.

          A sudden sensation of fear came and I flailed. I accidentally punched him, but he didn't seem to mind. Okay, was I that weak? "Oh, oh. What have they done to you?" A sudden dark figure loomed behind him.

          "Enough chitchat." He brought down his knife on the boy's back. The boy and I screamed in unison. The boy's body went limp on top of me. The leader looked at me. "Now, as for you..."

          "FREEZE! EVERYBODY FREEZE!" Finally, the police came. The boy must've alerted them beforehand. The leader reluctantly held up his hands before spatting on me.

          I was relieved, but no sense of happiness came. I was paralyzed. I couldn't move, but I tried shaking the boy awake. I tried talking, but only moans came out. I was shaking all over, an my eyes were still blurry and dazed.

          The police picked him and me up, putting us on separate vehicles.

          That was the last time I ever saw the boy.

          I didn't even thank him.

          I don't even know if he's alive.