College

"Hey." Aria said, pushing my door open. "You've been in here all day."

I rolled my eyes. "I do that everyday." I said. "I guess you just forget when you've been gone at college for so many years."

Aria's eyebrow raised. "You're mad at me why?" She asked. "I'm trying to go to school so I can get a job."

"Where's Isla?"

Aria frowned. "You want to talk to her and not me?" She asked slowly. "What's up with you. You're in a worse mood than normal."

It was true, I was. I had been trying to figure out some way to either tell my family about Candace or break up with her. I didn't like either of the options. 

"Are you feeling okay?" Aria asked. "Do you have a fever or something?"

"Could you just get Isla like I asked you to an hour ago?"

Aria pressed her lips together. "Alright." She said finally. She disappeared and came back a moment later with Isla. "Call me if you guys need anything."

Isla walked over to my bed and sat down on the bed. "Are you feeling alright?" She asked quietly.

"Do you have to go to school across the entire country?" I asked suddenly. Isla had gotten a scholarship for Harvard. We lived all the way in southern California. It was across the entire country. "Like you couldn't have picked one here?"

Isla frowned. "I didn't really pick it Colton." She said. "I got offered the scholarship and it's a really good school, so I took the offer."

I scowled. Isla and I were like best friends. It had been weird when Aria and Max had gone off to college, but Isla and I were so much closer. Even if she didn't know about Candace and me dating.

"Colton, you could apply to Harvard too." She said.

"Pfft." I snorted. "As if I'd ever get in, and even if I did, we don't have the money to pay for it."

Our family wasn't poor, we just weren't rich either. I wouldn't say that we struggle much, but sometimes it's hard. Although, with Aria and Max going into their last year at college, our moms won't have to pay for it anymore.

If you're wondering, our moms get sperm donations. They did Aria and Max at the same time because they wanted to experience pregnancy at the same time. It really back fired when they realized they had to take care of two screaming, crying, loud, dirty, babies at the same time.

"You could probably get a scholarship for Harvard." Isla said. "I mean, a sports scholarship since you play on the basketball team and you're one of the best players."

Doubtful. We had mostly good players. I was somewhere the high middle. I don't think that Harvard would even notice me. "Yeah. Maybe I should apply to Yale or Stanford while I'm at it." I said sarcastically.

Isla sighed. "I was being serious Colton."

"So was I."

"If you're not going to take this whole college thing serious, maybe you should just get a job as a fast food employee and call it a day." Isla said.

I rolled my eyes. Candace and I both worked part time at some ice cream place. I use it as an excuse to get away with her sometimes. It only ever buys me a few hours though. 

Isla frowned as she realized I was done talking. She turned away without another word.