十: 𝕄𝕣. 𝕎𝕠𝕣𝕝𝕕𝕨𝕚𝕕𝕖

Start from the beginning

You glanced at the clock sitting on top of the nightstand next to you.

"It's 1:45 pm right now. There's an eight-hour time difference between here and Tokyo, so it's 9:45 pm back home."

You rolled over onto your side and stared at the drawn curtains covering the window for a while.

What to do now? Maybe I could take a 20-minute nap, then head out for lunch? Yeah, that sounds good.

You rolled back over onto your back, now staring at the white ceiling.

You had so much freedom right now, you were a bit overwhelmed by it. You could practically do anything you wanted to. The only limits were the law and how much money you had in your bank account.

Groaning, you buried your face underneath the pillow. You rolled over back and forth before curling up into a ball and rocking yourself.

Great.

***

The sound of keys clicking as you typed away on your laptop could be heard, along with the whir of the air conditioner.

You had just come back from dinner and a bit of sightseeing around the city. Right now, you were doing anything but relaxing. Tomorrow was a big day.

Tomorrow was the day that Spider was supposed to perform in the UK. You had already booked tickets in advance and you were researching ways to get there.

"There's an Underground station not far from here. Let's see what routes run through it."

You zoomed in on Google Maps and clicked the station. A side menu popped up with information about the station and the routes that ran through it. Scrolling up, you saw that one of the lines that ran through the station also led to the station by the theatre.

"Ooh, how convenient. I'll just take that route for tomorrow then."

You closed your laptop and got up from your chair. Your suitcase was lying nearby and you zipped it open, pulling out stuff you'd need for tomorrow.

First, there was the wig. You had gotten it around Halloween a few years ago for cosplay but truth be told, it didn't look or feel like a cosplay wig. It wasn't as shiny as one and it didn't feel like one. It looked and felt like natural hair. You quickly placed it on your head to make sure it still fit. You had bought this a few years ago, after all.

"Still fits. Good, that saves me an emergency wig trip."

Tossing it onto the vanity counter, you pulled out a glasses case and popped it open to reveal a pair of fake frames. You took them out and wiped the lenses off on your shirt, then tried them on. They still fit, so that was good. They also changed your appearance drastically, which is what you were going for.

Your final step was to pull out a bag of makeup and travel-size hair products you had brought along. You unzipped the bag and dumped the contents onto the counter with a loud clatter. A jar of foundation rolled off and almost hit the floor, but you caught it in time.

You picked it up and tossed it into the air, swiftly catching it in your hand on the way down. Makeup was a tool not to be underestimated. It had the ability to turn you into someone else with just a few strokes. A brush of illuminator along the cheekbones, some concealer under the eyes, and a swipe of lipstick to finish it off and boom, you could be an entirely different person.

So, what's up with all of this? Well, you would be face-to-face with your boyfriend's murderer tomorrow, so there was no such thing as being too cautious under those circumstances.

You set the foundation back onto the counter and looked at your reflection staring back at you from the mirror. As you did so, a question you had tried to suppress floated to the surface from the bottom of your mind.

How would you get Spider arrested? You weren't a part of law enforcement, so you didn't have the ability to.

Turning around, you took a seat on an armchair and pulled your knees up to your chest.

Let's see... how do I alert the police? Couldn't I give them an anonymous tip? Just call them or whatever and tell them I may have found Saguru's murderer? That's a reasonable choice; news of his death has spread all across the world. It won't cast me under suspicion and plus, it's anonymous so I don't have to worry about putting my life in danger as well.

You ran a few more possible options through your mind, weighing the pros and cons of each of them before deciding an anonymous tip-off to the police was the best choice.

That settles it. You'd put your plan into motion starting tomorrow.

But for now... you were pretty tired and desperately needed a nap.

Stupid jet lag.

Sorry that this was a short chapter. This is filler, but the real action starts next chapter.

Word count: 1399 words

Page count: 13 pages