Chapter 8

Rebecca's POV

I decided to make my way back to what's left of Raccoon City, to visit the grave of my parents and to pay my respects to the people lost in the Raccoon City Incident.

Little did my husband know that our son was in the care of Ashlyn while I'd be gone. I had to go on my own, but I knew that Chris was going to find out where I'm going and he'd follow me.

I also wondered if my dear brother visited our parents grave. But who knows honestly.

A lot has changed with me recently, as I cut my hair, got a new outfit, and a new car. I also wear a small gold cross around my neck, which is going on my parents grave.

I left DC in the early morning while Chris was sleeping and after I dropped little Chris off at Ashlyn's. My mind also drifted off to Piers, and I wonder if he's going to be happy with what I am doing right now.

Making my way towards Raccoon City was going to be a little hard for me, but I am managing to keep my tears at bay and just press on with what I am doing.

I just hope I'm doing the right thing.

End of Rebecca's POV

--

-Leon's POV-

I haven't went back to Raccoon City since what happened to myself and Skylar, it's too raw for me but I will always remember what happened that night and how I searched for Skylar, I never told anyone where I found her, I didn't want them to know, I bet they noticed that Skylar only let me near her wounds after fighting those zombies and shit like that in the underground lab, I risked everything to find Skylar, even though I had my gloves on which hid my wedding ring and same for Skylar too as it had been only four months after our wedding that the incident happened, I remember the look when Piers asked me if I had found Skylar. Piers looked so glad to see Skylar appear and how Skylar only let me tend to her injuries, I didn't want to hurt her, after we all went our separate ways, I headed off with Skylar and I knew that once we got to safety after the army picked up the both of us and ever since then we've been in DC and were able to settle into married life and have a happy future together, I count myself lucky to have Skylar in my life, meeting Skylar back in '96 was the turning point for me and she supported me in being a cop and I'm thankful for that and now I'm a DSO agent, I have a happy life with Skylar and our baby daughter Bailey Rose, I love my family with Skylar, she's such a great mom to our baby girl.

-End Of Leon's POV-

--

Rebecca's POV

Pulling up to Raccoon City Cemetery, I parked the jeep before getting out to walk over to mine and Leon's parents grave.

I feel like a terrible daughter, seeing as I haven't been here in quite some time. I miss Mother and Father so much.

Approaching the grave, my emotions began to rise.

Here Lies

Scott Kennedy

and

Anne Marie Kennedy

Forever in Our Hearts

Never Forgotten in Our Minds

Parents of Leon and Rebecca Kennedy

See, when I was young when my parents passed away and Leon stepped up to take care of me. We had the support of friends and family, but Leon was always there for me growing up as kids.

Looking down at the grave, I see some flowers that have been there for quite a time, but still look like they bloom to this day. I notice a dog tag of sorts with 06/01/1998 engraved on the front of it. Wait, that date is familiar! It's the date of Leon and Skylar's wedding!