Prologue

3RD POV

Alayna Maximoff was sold to Hydra at a very young age. 8 years old to be precise, she was old enough to know what was going on and the painful thing is she knew why they didn't want her too. She was 6 when her parents had her little siblings Wanda and Pietro. They quickly realized they didn't have enough money for a family of 5. So they sold Alayna to the only people that would take a child for money, Hydra, they knew the girl had powers too. They were afraid of her.

"Momma, where are we going?" the 8 year old asked it was the middle of the night in a secluded part of Sokovia.

"No where sweetie." The mother said looking at her child.

"Okay." Alayna said as she started to feel drowsy and fell asleep.

She woke up in a cell.

The girl could control shadows, manipulate them to do what she wants. That meant she could move objects without even touching them. She could move people and look into their mind, their soul. She could kill people without any evidence, with just a flick of her wrist. She was born with this, Hydra didn't experiment on her and gave her this power, no. She was born with it. They just gave her more power by testing her, experimenting on her, torturing her. They made her the most powerful and strongest human on Earth. She made the Hulk look like a chicken in comparison. They injected her with the super soldier serum. They trained her in all weapons known to man, they found that she was particularly good with daggers and pistols. So that's what they gave her to kill people with.

"Do I have to do this?" Alayna asked one of the scientists. She was practicing on real human people to see if she could aim straight for the head with one of her pistols

She didn't get an answer, the scientist then flicked a switch and suddenly Alayna was being electrocuted.

Alayna's screams could be heard through out the building.

They even made her an Empath through their experiments, like her powers of manipulating shadows wasn't enough. Alayna could now feel and change peoples emotions. This made her eyes change color to a drastic white and sometimes gold anytime she would use or accidentally use her powers. They called her "The Shadow Puppet." They turned her into a monster. They never erased her memories though which was more of a curse than a blessing. They wanted her to know that her own family never cared about her, that they were afraid. That broke Alayna sometimes, just thinking about it.

"You will now wear this over your eyes, Shadow Puppet." a scientist handed her a black cloth.

"Why?" Alayna not knowing if she'd get an answer.

"Because people are afraid of your eyes, Shadow Puppet." The scientist grinned evilly at the thought.

Her life was living hell they'd experiment on her for hours. Tortured her for more than that. She's tried to escape more than once, every time failing and having to be dragged back to her cell.  She'd scream for someone to end her life more then once. Hydra would send her on missions to kill people she remembered each one but she still did it, because she knew that they would hurt more people if she didn't.

"Please, Please d-don't kill me." It was a man who wronged Hydra that they sent her to interrogate then kill.

"I'm sorry" Alayna said with tears in her eyes.

A gunshot was then heard and a sickening thud.

It took 8 years to escape the prison. She ran out of there when she was sixteen, she just ran as fast as she could which was faster than most people because of the super soldier serum. She out ran them but she knew she couldn't hide there, they would find her. So she stole some normal clothes got changed even grabbed a plain black scarf and tied it over her eyes she didn't need anyone screaming out when her eyes changed color. Then Alayna hitch hiked on a ship and went to America, she knew it would be harder to find her there maybe she could get a job and get what she needed.