I hung up just as Lauren pulled me into a Subway. "What's up with Alfie?"

"Nothing really. Still looking for a job though."

"He could always try my place?" Lauren shrugged.

"He keeps going on about wanting to get a job because of what he knows not who he knows. He wouldn't work at Dad's place, he wouldn't go to yours."

"He might. I reckon he fancies me, he wouldn't be able to resist working with me."

"Lauren, my brother does not fancy you." I laughed. "I can't see him in Starbucks to be fair, he's not friendly enough."

We sat down with our sandwiches. "How are the Sisters Grimm?" Lauren said with her mouth full, referring to my two younger sisters. She didn't get on with them much; she thought they were stuck up and they thought she was too loud. But Lauren was my best friend – my only friend.

"Fine I suppose. I haven't told them you're staying tonight."

Lauren laughed loudly, throwing her head back, showing me the contents of her mouth, and I grimaced. "Awesome, I can't wait to see their faces when I walk in! I'll meet you outside at six if you want?"

"Yeah that's fine."

"Cool. So how's the love life?"

It was my turn to laugh. "Same as it's been all my life. Non-existent."

"You need to get out more Jake." Lauren said, a familiar twinkle in her eye.

"I get the feeling that this is going somewhere..."

"It is, but this time it's something you'll definitely be up for."

"Surprise me."

"Live unsigned bands playing in a new club opening in town next weekend. It looks mega." Lauren said handing me a flyer from her bag. I took it, trying to disguise my interest. At university I was studying English Literature, but apart from that I was passionate about music.

Lauren was grinning at me excitedly, waiting.

"Looks alright... And I haven't been out in-"

"About ten years!" Lauren scolded. "Yay, I knew I'd get you out for this one!" She raised her hand for a high five and I rolled my eyes before giving her one. "That's my bro!" She cooed, pinching my cheek and covering my face in mayonnaise.

"Lauren, you fucker!"

I laughed along with her while I wiped my face. Lauren was as wild as they come, far too wild to bother with someone like me, most would say. But she had been my best friend since high school. She had never left me. Not even when I was being bullied.

"Is it all gone? I do still have to work you know!"

"Yeah it's gone. Right come on, eat up. I need you to tell me this dress looks fabulous."

"Right, what's the occasion anyway?"

We left Subway and Lauren once again linked her arm through mine as we started up the high street.

"I'm meeting Damien's parents next Friday."

"Oh my god! Seriously?!" I cheered. "Are you nervous?"

"Jakob, I'm terrified." Lauren whispered. I glanced at her and saw a look she rarely displayed to anyone, even me. "What if they hate me?"

"Don't be a moron; of course they won't hate you! They'll love you. Just be yourself and don't get drunk."

"Shut up. I'm not gonna get drunk." Lauren laughed. "Come on, in here..."

"By the way." Lauren said as we exited the shop with her purchase a few minutes later. "Can I use your Spotify? I want to listen to Little Mix."

I laughed sarcastically. "Why? You don't like them."

"You're far too possessive Jake, especially over Little Mix. Just because I don't idolise them, doesn't mean I don't like to listen to their music."

"Shut up." I pouted.

She was right though. I absolutely idolised Little Mix. Lauren loved to tease me about it, especially about my crush, Perrie Edwards. All my family did too. They were my biggest inspirations.

"Please?" Lauren said pulling a face at me and fluttering her eyelashes.

"Alright, you loser."

I got back to work with five minutes left on my break and handed Lauren her new dress which I had somehow ended up carrying.  She gave me a tight hug. "I'll see you tonight, six right?"

"Yeah six. Thanks for rolling out of bed and coming out."

"Cheeky, I'm always up early at the weekend." Lauren winked. "See you later!"

I went into the staffroom to put my stuff back and pulled my phone out of my jacket to quickly read the messages I had noticed before. One was from Maddie, my youngest sister, asking if she could borrow my Little Mix albums to lend to her friend. Chuckling to myself, I text back; No chance. Tell her to buy her own. You take them out of my room, I'll have your guts for garters hun xx

She must be joking right? They are not leaving my room. None of my music is, but least of all not my Little Mix ones. They were my favourite.

There were a couple of emails from university about coursework reminders. I worked my backside off at uni all week; couldn't they leave people alone on a Saturday? I cursed under my breath before I opened Instagram.

I opened my notifications and saw twelve accounts saying more or less the same thing.

Frowning, I scrolled down my notifications.

And froze.

I seriously think my heart stopped. I went completely numb. I sat down, then stood up again, turned a circle, twice, then sat down again.

I clutched my heart with one hand, and tried to stop the hand holding my phone from shaking.

perrieedwards started following you.