ch5

𓆛

𓆛

You fumbled with your fingers nervously while wandering the halls of Karasuno High, glancing upwards every so often. Earlier that morning, you had gotten a text from Nishinoya.

Cant make it to school today! Sorry :(

The words repeated in your head like a mantra, and a cloud of anxiety slowly started to form above your head. Nishinoya was practically your only friend and/or form of social interaction. Without him, you were helpless. So there you were, desperately running the halls as a way to distract yourself for the next forty five minutes of lunch break. The chatter in the hallway was loud, and anything you'd mutter to yourself could barely even be heard because of how loud the Karasuno students were.

You suddenly stopped, there was a tiny bit of traffic in the halls. A group of girls were barricading your way. You caught on to a bit of the chatter, something about... boys? Anyway, it didn't interest you at all, so you started shuffling your way through. But at the end, one of the females made a false movement, and sent you toppling to the floor. You tripped, but caught yourself on your hands and knees at the last second.

At least you made it to the other side.

While rubbing your sore palms together, you heard a familiar voice.

"(Y/n)?"

You glanced up, and there he was. The beautiful sunflower boy. You couldn't help a gentle smile. Hinata grinned back toothily.

aaah! He's so cute!!

A flash of your bizzare dream crackled inside your mind, and the thought of "why did that happen?" imposed itself in your mind. Eh, you debated, shoving the thought somewhere it wouldn't resurface. Hopefully.

"Why are you on the floor?" He held out his hand.

Blushing, you took it and got up before dusting off your pleated skirt and answering, "I was trying to get through.."

He chuckled, making you smile sheepishly. Your (e/c) eyes locked with his, and you almost forgot how to even breathe. Hinata had an entire kingdom of honey and busy bees inside his eyes. You hadn't even noticed how pretty his eyes were, probably because of the bad lighting, you thought. He quickly looked away, removing his hand and starting to walk. You followed.

"Where's Noya-san?" The short boy finally asked.

You glanced around, reminding yourself that people actually still existed, and the world hadn't just melted into an epiphany of honey and sand, "uh, couldn't come today.."

Hinata nodded understandably, before suddenly turning to you and grasping both of your hands with his. The sudden shock of human contact, that also came with radiating heat—not to mention beauty, left you a bit dazzled. Every single inch of skin that was under Hinata's brisk touch was being set aflame. Snakes of fire traveling their way into your drumming heart. A bit what you feared, really.

The unescapable grasp of the sun.

It was then there you knew. You would soon be wrapped around the sun's pretty little pinkie.

"I know!" He exclaimed, "we should go see Kageyama!!"