Planning a Stakeout

Start from the beginning

Joe huffed. "Well then, now's a good time to raid my closet."

"You're finally going to clean it up?" quipped Frank.

"Hey!"

Fenton chuckled. "Don't go smearing good deeds with humor, Frank, they'll lose their heart real quick."

"I know, Dad, but it's good fun needling him about it," said Frank with a big grin.

"Oh I bet," said Fenton. He turned to Ken. "Why don't you go with Joe and pick out a few things to take with you."

Ken's eyes widened. "Oh, but!"

Fenton held up a hand. "Just for now, until you've gotten some things of your own."

Ken sighed. "Alright." But he followed Joe out with tears in his eyes and a big, goofy grin.

"Ezra, the boys told me you have a few squad cars over at the farmhouse where one of these guys is staying."

"That's right."

"How many exactly?"

"Two."

Fenton thought a moment. "Ok, how about you just have one watching the place and send the other car to Elekton. I aim to apprehend this guy while delivering the explosives."

"So, instead of apprehending him at the farmhouse?"

"Have your car follow him to the Elekton building. We'll corner him with the incriminating evidence."

"Fantastic. I love it when that happens."

Fenton chuckled. "You and me both."

"What time are you thinking for this?"

Fenton glanced at the clock. "Hmm . . . well, the best time would be between six and eight. The majority of the workers will be gone by six, and the janitors and night guards are gone by eight. That is the usual time this guy has attacked at other locations. However, I would like it if everyone was there at five-thirty."

"How come?"

"I think there is another inside man, besides the two guards the boys are after. I want to see if any information is passed before they leave, see if we can't get it narrowed down to the leak."

"That sounds like a plan. Alright, I'll gather some men and meet you there at five-thirty."

"Fantastic."

"Can we go with you?" asked Frank. "Those two guards are the men we're after in our case."

"It's fine by me if it's fine by you, Fenton," said Collig.

Fenton chuckled. "Sounds like you're itching for them to go too."

"Hey, the last time we did this was without you, but it was a blast."

Fenton glanced at Laura. "Well, what do you think, dear?"

"I think I had better go too to make sure you three stay out of trouble. It seems like it always happens when I'm not there."

Collig laughed. "When neither of us are there. They're just a few danger magnets."

"Ok, fair enough, all four of us will be there for five-thirty, provided Trudy doesn't try to tag along as well," said Fenton.

"Yes! Thanks Chief! Bye!" Frank was out the door and rushing into his bedroom. Joe and Ken were stuffing an extra backpack they had with a few shirts and jeans. They glanced up when Frank came into the room.