Chapter 3

In all the time I have known Mello, I've never seen him cry.  Now the young boy can barely breathe because the tears are rolling down his face. "Honey, I need you to breathe.  Why did you fight?". I asked, trying to relax him.  L was on the phone, hopefully with Matt.  After a minute or two, Mello could explain that he was overreacting to a stupid call Matt got and now they aren't together.  By this time, we were at my house, and Mello had rushed out of the car to go apologize. 

        By the time L and I reach the door, Mello and Matt are in each other's arms, apologizing and crying incoherently.  "We'll be back later.  You two can have your little reunion," L says, taking my hand.  Once we are out the door I ask him "What exactly are we going to do?  We're still handcuffed together," I ask, lifting the chain that connected us for emphasis.  "Somewhere no one will question us.  I do have plenty of credit in plenty of places,  he says, casually strolling towards the car.  We get in and L says something to Watari that I can't understand.

After a while, we show up at a restaurant, and exit the car.  As we approach the door, the hostess smiles and says "Mr. Ryuzaki, always a pleasure." she says, smiling sweetly.  L simply nods and we are escorted to a table.  "Miss Mazure, I have been in love with you for two and a half years.  We've had ups, downs and everything in between. I know I've made my mistakes, but all of them have strengthened my love for you and all your quirks.  I may have proposed two years ago, but I want to do it again," he says, getting down on one knee.  By that time, I was in tears, a smile on my face.  "Will you, Kiko Mazure, marry me?"  He asks, opening a box with a gorgeous sapphire engagement ring.  I nod, bringing him up to embrace him. "Yes, absolutely.  Wait, what about our old rings?" I say.  "Oh, those are promise rings at this point."  he says.  We sit down and order, and the food is spectacular.  L only orders sweets, but that's to be expected.

                                                    -One month later-

I wake up feeling nauseous.  I rush to the bathroom, and am immediately violently ill.  "Are you ok?" Matt asks from the other side of the door.  "I think so..." I reply, wiping my mouth.  I flush the foul-smelling mixture down the toilet, wash my hands and brush my teeth.  "I'm going to get some stomach medication.  This is the third day this week I've gotten sick first thing," I say.  Matt's eyes widen, then a smirk slips onto his lips.  "When was the last lime you and L had... relations?  If you don't mind my asking, of course," he says.  "About a month ago why?"  I ask, before it dawns on me.  It takes about a month for an egg to be fertilized. 

"I might be..." I say, right as Mello comes downstairs.  "Might be what?" he asked groggily, hair in a  ponytail. "Pregnant..." I say in awe.  His jaw drops, and then he rushes over to me.  "I'm going to be an uncle!" he shouts, spinning me around.  When he sets me down, I go to grab my keys.  "I gotta go to the store. Be right back!" I shout happily.  I can barely think right.  I pick up a pregnancy test, and a few other necessities. When I get home, L has just woken up and is making himself a cup of coffee.  I head to the bathroom upstairs, and use the test. I wait five minutes for the test to read, then look at the display.  A scream comes from my mouth before I can stop it.  When L comes in I'm sitting on the floor, test in hand.  "What? Is something wrong?  Are you ok?" he asks, a  look of worry on his usually expressionless face.  "I'm... pregnant," I say, my voice shaking. 

His eyes widen, and then he starts rambling on.  "We're going to need to go house hunting immediately.  We need a nursery and a room for the other two and Near is coming to live with us and-"

"Breathe honey.  Near is going to be living with us?" I ask.

"Yes.  I decided that in order to train him to be my successor, he should live with me," he says, calming down.

"Well, when can we go house hunting?" I ask.  My house is only a two bedroom, and with both a baby and Near, we are going to need some space.

"Right now of course.  I have plenty of money to buy a place, and I can have people to move everything as soon as tomorrow,"  he replies. 

"Alright.  I'll tell the boys," I say, getting up.

"No need!" Matt pipes up from behind us. 

We all pile into my car, and head to a realtors office.  After we explain what we are looking for, a man shows us a wonderful house with four bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, and a fully renovated basement. "This is great! Mels and Matty can live downstairs, Near can have the second bedroom, and then the baby can sleep in the upstairs bedroom next to ours. 

That night, we have all of our stuff boxed up, and we are ready to move.  we are woken up early by the moving company and we help them load up the truck.  We go to the airport to pick up Near, and then we all unload into the new place.  To celebrate, we all sit down and watch TV with popcorn and sweets.

==============================================================

Well, that was Chapter 3 after forever and a half!  I finally got some inspiration and finished the chapter.  I really hope you guys liked the new developments and all that.  See you soon Little Bubbles!!