━ 𝘆𝗮𝗺𝗮𝗴𝗮𝘁𝗮

Depuis le début

You really tried to hide it and sometimes even denied it to yourself, but you had been crushing on Yamagata for a little while now.

It had started at the beginning of your last school year, when the two of you had been put into the same class and he had sat down right in front of you.

You had never interacted much with each other apart from school stuff, sometimes you explained some things to each other when you didn't understand something or borrowed pencils and sharpeners from each other.

In many cases, you just acted like you had forgotten your pencil or a rubber to have an excuse to talk to him and get the chance to look at his eyes and see the little smirk on his lips when he turned around.

You walked straight towards a table at the window front, a relieved sigh leaking your lips when you put down the boxes and the weight on your arms vanished.

Sometimes, you even thought about just subtly brushing your fingers against his to find out if he was your soulmate, but then again, that would be pretty weird.

You had bumped into his shoulder once and he once had fixed a knit in your uniform, but you knew that the touch had to be skin to skin to make the flowers on the backs of your hands bloom.

But how high was the chance that the boy you had a crush on was your soulmate? Right, not very high.

When you felt someone walking up behind you, you snapped out of your thoughts and squinted your eyes a little when you saw fiery red hair from the corner of your eye.
Tendou stepped closer towards you to inspect the boxes.

"Hm, (y/n), are those some presents for me?~"

Curiosity accompanied his tone and sparkled in his eyes. You immediately knew that he was up to something when he reached out for one box.

You just gently slapped the back of his hand.

"Don't you dare to start any bullshit, Tendou. We still need these things." you scolded him and gave him a warning glare.

But that only sparked more of his curiosity and with half lidded eyes and a smile, he stepped closer, grabbing the edge of the paper carton to get a peak inside.

"My my, how can you think so bad of me, (y/n)?" he asked and then grabbed into the box.

You let out an annoyed groan as you watched how he pulled out two long garlands made of paper, his eyes sparkling with fascination and enjoyment, like a little kid that had just found a new toy.

And then, he ran off.

"Semi semi, look! I found a new accessoire for you" he sang and before the setter was able to prepare himself, the redhead wrapped the garland around his head and his neck, causing the blonde to let out an annoyed groan.

"For fucks sake, Tendou..."

While Semi tugged at the long piece of paper around his head, Tendou jumped away, his eyes searching for another victim he could bother with the second garland.

"Tendou, if those get damaged, you will be the one fixing it!" you scolded and stomped after him, trying to somehow grab his arm and stop him.

But before you were able to, he jumped forward and headed for the Libero of their team.

"Hayatooo, do you need a scarf?"

He threw the garland around the brunette's neck from behind, who was so surprised that he stumbled backwards, his fingers clinging around the paper that surrounded his neck and shoulders.

Tendou only laughed and you heard how Yamagata let out an annoyed curse, while he took another step back and stumbled over the end of the garland,which had wrapped itself around his legs.
You acted as fast as possible, concerned about the requisites.