The Battle Of Felora

Start from the beginning

' Yes… yes, I was. My name was once Xan Voltaris.'

' You’re Voltaris…? But the Deathsinger was killed… are you still doing his bidding?'

' I once did, long ago. I was young, but observant during the… Great War. Yes, I watched as the Nether controlled hordes of undead, giving purpose to creatures we thought mindless. And when the Nether retreated… they left behind an army, one which I spent my entire life learning to lead.'

Kiyoshi staggers back up. ' And I have spent my entire life… training to defend Felden from monsters like you. And still I stand.'

Kiyoshi spins his halberd around again and re-engages the Necrolord with ferocity.

He raises his halberd and clashes it with the Necrolord's axe. The Necrolord kicks Kiyoshi back.

Kiyoshi raises his halberd again, but the Necrolord knocks it away.

Kiyoshi grabs his back up sword, and charges as the Necrolord. But the Necrolord slips and grabs Kiyoshi before stabbing his axe through Kiyoshi's chest.

Kiyoshi drops his sword and falls onto his knees.

He looks up at Felora as the Necrolord walks behind him.

' Look out there, Kiyoshi… look at Felora. You have failed your kingdom. You are no longer standing, and Felden has fallen.'

Kiyoshi squints in pain.

The Necrolord picks up Kiyoshi’s fallen sword and looks at it, then stabs it into Kiyoshi’s back.

Kiyoshi flinches in pain.

The Necrolord walks off as Kiyoshi collapses forward.

~*~

At the forest floor, Niika and Lucan watch as Kiyoshi’s body falls over the walkway.

' Dad!' Niika screams. Tears flow out of her eyes, and Lucan reaches out his hands, which are tied, to her. Her hands are tied as well, but she holds his hands and leans on Lucan, crying.

The officials are taken forward, as they struggle to be free.

' Unhand me, villians!'

' You can’t enslave us. We’re official council members of Felden.'

The Necrolord walks up to them.

' There is no more… Felden.'

The Necrolord raises his staff and aims it towards the Officials. The undead swarm and kill the officials.

The Necrolord walks over to Lucan and Niika next. Niika is still crying over her father's death.

' And you two. I could use the powers of the Wither and… indoctrinate you again, but I think my army is large enough as it is.'

The Necrolord raises his staff, and points it towards Lucan and Niika. They tighten their grip on each other's hand and close their eyes.

Nothing happens.

They open their eyes. The Necrolord is still holding his staff forward, but the zombies have not moved. He turns around.

On top of the hill a Wither floats, with Pythus and the Angel of Death beneath.

~*~

Pythus walks forward. ' You’ve done a fantastic job pretending to be king of the undead. What is it they call you? The “Necrolord?”'

The Angel of Death lands behind the Necrolord, preventing him from walking away. The Necrolord begins to look a bit worried.

' I, Pythus, King of the Nether, will be resuming control of the undead in my conquest of the Overworld. I would like to thank you, however, for starting my work for me.

The undead are distracted, and the Necrolord, Angel of Death, and Pythus are busy with each other. Lucan fidgets with the rope and loosens the it, releasing his hands. He untied Niika's as well, and takes her hand.
' Come on!'

Niika looks over at where her father had fallen one last time, and they both run out of the area.

'Oh, but I have plans…' the Necrolord tells Pythus. 'Felden is just the beginning. After a hundred years of preparing, I am not about to stand aside for the army that broke our alliance and betrayed us during the Great War.'

' The alliance has been re-formed. Once more we shall bring war to Ardonia, to the Enderknights, and every other enemy that dare stand in our way. But first, the Necromancers must be eliminated.'

Pythus draws his massive battle axe, the Necrolord draws his axe as well.

The Necrolord rushes forward, and swings his axe at Pythus. Pythus backs up before swinging his axe. The Necrolord backflips, dodging the axe, and rolls towards Pythus before swinging his axe at his feet. Pythus leaps, avoiding the axe, and clashes his axe with the Necrolord's. Pythus pushes the Necrolord back, and the Necrolord loses his balance. Pythus kicks the Necrolord, knocking him to the ground.

' After all that time… you never learned the truth of the undead… they can’t be controlled, they can only be guided.'

Pythus gestures to the Wither still floating nearby. The Wither makes a noise, and the undead converge on the Necrolord.

' No, no!' the Necrolord's screams can be heard throughout all of Felden.

Lucan and Niika turn around, but  soon turn back the opposite direction and continue running.