This Venerable One Can Sing 1

Start from the beginning

Mo Ran played it perfectly with no mistake, as Chu Wanning played. No talent my ass, you don't need a talent to play guqin, thought Chu Wanning.

Mo Ran finished playing and sighed heavily. Crisis averted. He nervously looking at Chu Wanning, 'Wanning, how it is?'

Chu Wanning looked at him with pride and sadness. His eyebrows furrowed but his mouth smiling gently, 'Thank god, you are not as stupid as I thought.'

'...'

On the New Year Eve, people from many sects gathered. Chu Wanning and Mo Ran arrived at the Gu Yu Yue Hall and was greeted by Xue Meng. Xue Meng had prepared a table for both of them. They chatted lively and asked each other news.

Meanwhile, Jiang Xi sat with Mei Hanxue siblings. Jiang Xi looked at how close Xue Meng with his so called cousin and shizun. Mei Hanxue noticed the concerned look on Jiang Xi.

'Sect Leader, what is wrong?'

Jiang Xi sighed, 'Is Chu Wanning returned to Sisheng Peak as shizun?'

'No, why?'

Jiang Xi sighed again, 'That's great, then. I don't think Yuheng Elder fits as a shizun. See, he made his two students bend and attracted to him. One is a two-faced psychopath and one is an idiot with attachment issues, and both of them almost bring end to the world. I'm just glad that Xue Meng doesn't bend and become a normal straight sect leader. I hope he finds a right woman.'

Mei Hanxue averted his eyes from Jiang Xi. His hand that held the teacup shaking and he was almost chocked on his tea. Mei Hanxue and Xue Meng had backstreet relationship, fearing that people would react like they react to Chu Wanning and Mo Ran relationship, although they have no shizun and disciple relationship. Xue Meng had told him about Jiang Xi is his father, so Mei Hanxue was so nervous and feared that Jiang Xi would dissect him if he knew their relationship.

It was lively night and it was time for Chu Wanning to perform. People stared at Chu Wanning and Mo Ran. Chu Wanning white hands pulled Mo Ran arms to stand up from his chair. After arguing a while, Mo Ran finally walked with his husband to the stage. People had no idea why, so they assumed Chu Wanning wanted Mo Ran to help him as assistant or something. Chu Wanning sat behind his guqin while Mo Ran stand on the stage. Chu Wanning started to play and Mo Ran sang. People are shocked but more shocked at the beautiful and melodious voice.

They stared intently at the stage. Xue Meng also gaped. The number one in martial arts cultivation, whose name fear everyone who heard them, would have voice that made people who listening touched.

They whispered with amazement and disbelief, until someone from Sisheng Peak poked fun while drunk, 'Hei, Mo Zongshi, with your looks, you should work in entertainment house. I will be your first client!' People around laughed. Mo Ran who just finished singing, smiling in embarrassment while his eyes furrowed angrily. Then a piercing sound came from his back, and the sharp light moved towards the man, slicing his hair bun.

Chu Wanning phoenix eyes narrowed dangerously. The speaker paled. He thought of it as a harmless joke and never expected to get such reaction from Chu Wanning. He of course didn't say it seriously as he was straight and no way a tough looking man like Mo Ran would pass as a beautiful courtesan. However, it was still like asking death from Beidou Immortal. The drunk man become quiet and reclined backward, 'Uh, I apologize. I hope Yuheng Elder would forgive this silly unworthy disciple.'

Chu Wanning stood up and pulled Mo Ran from the stage, passing the drunk man with piercing look while walking toward their table. People were dead silent until the next performance from Mei Hanxue. He doesn't play instrument but did standup comedy just to poke fun on Xue Meng.