Chapter 2

"Kim you were played by 'thee Jack Brewer'." Stephanie tells her.

"Why are you saying it as if it's a good thing?" Kim asks crossing her arms.

"Kim. He is the hottest guy in school. Every girl here dreams of him." Tells Stephanie.

"That jerk? Are you sure?" Kim says with a disgusted face. "Mmm-Hmmm"

"What happened to humans?" Kim says with her hands up.

"You stay away from him." Grace warns Kim.

"I am not scared of that jerk. He keeps away from me and I keep away from him." Kim assures her friends.

"Kim, I and Rachel have some cheer practice. We'll see you later."

"I also have to go to the Art room." Grace says and leaves.

"See you later."

It was 15 minutes for Lunch to get over. The next period was History, a subject which was ranked the last by Kim. She wouldn't mind if she was late. She was hungry. Only an apple for Breakfast was definitely not a good idea.

She turns her head around, looking for the eatables. Apparently, nothing in the cafeteria looked like it should be put in the mouth. A gross expression stood on Kim's face as she surveyed the table.

Nothing good, No, No, Are you kidding me?, Never.

Her eyes landed on something which had a label of 'pasta' on its container. It didn't look that bad, sure it was greasy but didn't smell like rotten fish kept in the refrigerator and had managed to have a line of three students waiting for it to be put on their plate. Something which other 'things'  kept in the names of eatables didn't have.

Kim breathed a sigh of relief and joined the line. Her turn came and she scanned on what was being put on her tray. Not bad.

She thanked the luch lady and turned aroud on her heels only to crash into a person. And not any person, thee Jack Brewer. Her eyes, being disgusted, travelled from his face to her shirt where a giant spot of grease had already been formed.

 "Hey, look, it's you, Claire." Jack says with an XL smile on his face.

"Why is it that if anything bad happens to me, it has to be you. And it's Kim." Kim says while she pulls her shirt away from her skin.

"I am sorry Claire, sorry, Kim." Jack corrects himself.

Kim couldn't believe him. First, he ruins her reputation in front of the Principal and now in front of the students in the cafeteria. He was nothing but a jerk who she'd slap right now if there wasn't a tray in her hand.

"Well, you shouldn't be sad. Look on the bright side, oh wait, there's no bright side." Jack laughed, turning to his friend and placing a 'victorious' hi-five.

Now that was it. The water had gone above the head. Kim took whatever was left on the plate, and non-hesitantly smashed it on his face which he considered pretty.

"Oh, look. Now there is." Kim shot him a pitiful smile at him and rushed towards the girls' bathroom. There were around 8 minutes left for the bell to ring. She could wash off the stain if she hurried.

*History class*

Kim was late. Luckily, Mrs. Johnson, their History teacher was not in the class. She began to search for a seat. There was an empty seat right next to where she was planning to sit. There was a bag and a History textbook carelessly kept.

It was empty but Kim didn't mind. Anyone other than the 'Jack' guy would be better, even satan.

2 minutes later, the teacher arrives with a student. Kim, being focussed in her textbook, didn't look up to face her... or him.

"I don't need excuses, you can go back to your seat." Mrs. Johnson says to Jack. Upon reeaching his place, he notices a familiar Blonde.

"What the heck are you doing here?" Jack asks Kim.

Poor Kim. She looks up diverting her focus from the book.

"You. Not you again." Kim says with the most disheartened face ever.

"Hey, no chit-chat in my class. You don't wanna have detention on the first day." Mrs. Johnson cuts in the conversation. "Sit and be quiet."

"Um, Excuse me Mrs. Johnson, is there any way that I can change my seat?" Kim asks, hoping for a 'Yes'.

"Yes, but not in this class."

"But...."

"No debate, sweetie"

"Fine." Kim says coldly and sits down.

"So, we have a new student joining our class. Where is he? Or she?"  She asks, waiting impatiently for a response.

"It's me." Kim slowly raised her hand.

"Oh, the Debater. Quickly introduce yourself so that I can continue with my chapter." Mrs. Johnson says.

"Hi everyone. I am Kim Crawford. I moved here with my mom from L.A. and I am a second degree Black Belt in Karate. So watch out before going idiotic around me." Kim says that in a flow. She has been repeating that for like 5 times now.

There were a few 'ooes' coming from the back benches. Kim shot them a death-glare and it ultimately shut them down.

"Good. Now turn on to page 3 of the book." The teacher says, relieved.

"You into martial arts?" Jack asks her.

Kim ignores him. He asks her twice. Thrice. He pinches her.

"Ow. Don't touch me." She replies rudely. "Don't touch me." He mocks her tone and starts tickling her.

"Would you stop, already?" She yells. Her eyes become big as she realizes that she screamed between an on-going class.

"Okay, that's enough. Detention Crawford."

"But he was......"

"No buts, sweetie"

"Mrs. Johnson, seriously he was......"

"Do you want to clean the whole school?"

"No."

"Then sit down."

"Thanks a lot, Jack Brewer." She tells Jack with absolute hate and anger.

He could see a tear flashing in her eye. It's not that he hasn't made girls cry before but this time it felt different. Kim was not like the others. She was different. A good different. He silently watched her wipe her tears.

For the first time, he felt guilty. A part of him wanted to put his arm around her, to comfort her, to apologize. And a part of him knew that it was impossible. It would just worsen up things.

The bell rings.

"Kim, I am........."

She walks away as fast as she can ignoring his words. She didn't want to see his face in a million years. He wasn't worthy to apologize to her. She hated him. She absolutely hated him. He basically ruined her day and now he got her detention. And that too on the first day. Great.