Prolouge

* * *

The room was blissfully silent and a breeze came in through one of the opened windows. It was very easy to think and good thing, because thinking was all Prince Finn could do as he stood there getting fitted for his suit.

As he stood still, he looked out of the huge window in the room. His deep, velvety brown eyes linger over the Isle of the Lost and the magical golden barrier surrounding it. His heart ached for the kids living over there. He thought it was wrong and undeserving. He sighed, and looked forward solemnly. His arm was lifted by his tailor who was trying to collect his measurements for a new suit that had to be made for him.

Just as the tailor walked in his room, Finn's parents walked in arm in arm. Finn perked up just a bit, happy yet anxious to see his parents. He had something important to tell them. And what better time than now? King Eric smiled as he watched the tailor measure around his son's head, the fabric tape pressed again his black curls. "How is it possible that you're gonna be crowned king next month? You're just a baby," He teased

"He's turning sixteen, dear," said Queen Mary, she eagerly pulled her husband closer and they got closer to Finn.

Finn couldn't help but smile wider, despite the fact that he started feeling queasy. He loved his mother and father, more than anything. They were great for each other and great to him, he just hoped they wouldn't be mad at him, or worse, disappointed. "Hey, Pops." Finn greeted with a grin showing off his white teeth.

"Sixteen? That's far too young to be crowned king." cried Eric as he and his wife finally parted. She began tidying up the room while he took off his glasses and set them down on a table.

"I didn't make a good decision until I was at least 42." He continued.

Mary cleared her throat and folded up a shirt as she walked to Eric's side, "Uh. You decided to marry me at 28." She said, her eyebrow upturned.

"Well, it was either you or a teapot." Eric chuckled.

Mary, however, did not look so amused. She squinted her eyes and scoffed before looking back at Finn who was laughing. They always joked around like this, it was amazing to Finn to watch them interact. "Kidding," Eric added.

It's either now, or never. Finn thought to himself. "Mom, Dad..?" he said and began to step off of the platform that he had been standing. This caused him to be scolded by the tailor.

"I've chosen my first official proclamation." He announced.

Eric and Mary glanced at each other with visible surprise on their faces before looking back at Finn as if to gesture for him to continue.

And so he did, "I've decided that the children on the Isle of the Lost be given a chance to live here in Auradon."

Poor Mary gasped and dropped the pair of pants she was folding. Their faces radiating the shock they felt. Eric's face dropped to a more hard expression. Finn thought as though he was about to get severely yelled at.

"Every time I look out to the island, I feel like they've been abandoned." Finn rushed on before the yelling started.

"The children of our sworn enemies? Living among us?" Eric asked. Finn could've swore that he saw smoke coming from his father's red ears.

"Well, we start out with a few at first, you know,  only the ones who need our help the most." He paused, "I've already chosen them."

"Have you?" asked Eric, he stepped up to Finn and kept his poker-face.

Mary picked up Eric's hand and rubbed the pad of her thumb across the top of it. "I gave you a second chance." she said. His features softened a little.

"Who are their parents?" asked Mary. She wanted to give Finn the chance to explain. So she took it upon herself to be the level-headed one.

Finn thought for sure, once he told who the parents were he would be shut down. But he had to give himself a chance. Most importantly, he had to give those kids on the isle one too. He hesitated, "Cruella De Vil, Jafar, The Evil Queen, and Maleficent.." Finn trailed off

"Maleficent!" exclaimed Eric. And there was the yelling, Finn thought to himself. "She's the worst villain of all!" He continued.

"Dad, just hear me out," Finn pleaded, he was already too deep in.

"I won't hear of it. They are all guilty of unspeakable crimes." said Eric sternly

"Dad, their children are innocent. Don't you think they deserve a shot at a normal life?" defended Finn. One chance was all he thought that they needed.

"Dad?" he pleaded.

Eric glanced over at Mary, she gave him the greenlight look. His face once again softened and he sighed, "I suppose, the children are innocent." he said lowly.

Finn's face lifted after that and his father walked to another area of Finn's large bedroom. Mary stood in front Finn with a sweet, motherly smile on her face. She knew how to make everything better with that smile. She straightened his jacket and kissed his cheek. "Well done."

Mary met with Eric once again by the door. Finn smiled as she walked away. "Shall we?" she asked her husband. They both clung arms and both Finn's parents looked back at their boy before exiting out of the huge bedroom.

Finn stared out the window to the broken down island once again. The hardest part was over. Now all he had to do was get the kids over here. He began fiddling with the golden ring on his hand and walked off to go find his tailor.

* * *

rewritten!

- 980 words