Two Heroes - Chapter One

Start from the beginning

'Fuck it.'

"Alright," I sighed out, my tone sounding defeated. "I'm in. Let's go to I-Island."

Both Izuku and Toshinori's eyes lit up before jumping up in joy. "Yes!"

I rolled my eyes but a smile appeared on my lips as I felt myself get excited. "Come on in and wait while I pack and change," I said, realizing that I was still wearing my bathrobe and my hair damp.

"Do you need any help packing, Sakura-chan?" Izuku offered.

I smiled at his sweet gesture. "Nah, it's good, Zuku. Just make yourself at home, I won't be long."

After changing out of bathrobe and into actual clothes, I whipped out my suitcase and began to pack. As I was rummaging through my drawers for clean clothes, a certain piece of clothing caught my eye. It was the U.A. hoodie that I had lent to Shoto during our study session. Clutching the soft fabric in between my fingers, flashes of the the moment when I had fallen on top of him played through my head like a movie. Heaving out a sigh, I shoved the hoodie back in the drawer before slamming it shut.

I zipped the suitcase closed before grabbing my bag and slinging across my body. Double checking in my mind to make sure I didn't forget anything, I walked into the living room to find Izuku and Toshinori lounging comfortably on my sofa.

"Ready to go?" Toshinori rose from his seat, noticing my packed bags in my hands.

I glanced back at my room once more, seeing my drawer through the halfway open door before turning back with a small smile.

"Yeah, let's go."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was never the biggest of flyers. Sitting still in a confined space for hours just wasn't my forte. And since I-Island was currently traveling along the coastline of America, right now, I knew I was in for a long and torturous time.

Izuku was my plane buddy through the entire flight. Since I was never able to fall asleep on planes and Izuku being too excited to sleep, we spent the entire flight having small conversations, enjoying the complimentary snacks and movies, and even listening to Izuku as he read from his hero notebooks, explaining all the information he had learned and showing me his cute little pictures.

When the thirteenth hour had passed on the plane and I was starting to get seriously restless and on edge, my feet starting to tap on the floor, begging to be used to do something.

So when the pilot announced that we were arriving soon, I almost bursted into tears of relief.

"Sakura-chan, look!" Izuku cried out, excitedly. "You can see the island now!"

I just responded with a low hum, my eyes closed as my fingers tapped on my arm rest.

"The artificial moving city inhabited by over ten thousand scientists, I-Island!" Izuku continued his fanboying. "This is like a dream come true to be able to go to I-Island right at the beginning of summer vacation!"

I cracked open a eye to see his adorable reaction; his face squished onto the window and his emerald eyes sparkling as he held his I-Island Expo informational book close to his chest. I couldn't help but giggle, he was just so cute.

"I'm happy to see that you're so excited, Zuku," I said. "I'm glad that you were able to come along with us."

"Is it really okay for me to come with you, though?" Izuku questioned worriedly.

"Mhm," I answered, unconsciously gripping onto my arm rest as I felt the plane hit a bump. "According to Toshinori, our friend gave him an extra ticket so there's nothing to worry about."