Chapter 15

Too busy to edit at the moment. Sorry for any grammar and spelling mistakes.

Beth felt Dex's stare on her for the milionth time that day, but she still couldn't look at him. Not after the way she'd acted the night before. She'd been so demanding, so impatient. Dex had tried his best to satiate her ravenous apetite without breaching Dr Evans' boundaries. Truth be told, she was thoroughly satisfied but she felt selfish and scandalous. Dex had made it all about her and despite the hardship, he kept his control all the way and had a very long cold shower after. It was improper of her to have behaved so, definitely not what she thought herself capable of. Dex hadn't been complaining though. He loved every moment of it, so did she but she wouldn't admit. Now the night was replaying in her mind and she couldn't look her husband in the eye.

They were waiting to see Dr Evans at the hospital. Dex sat next to Beth, his hand in hers. She'd tried a few times to snatch it away but he wouldn't let her.

'Are you going to blush all day?' Dex asked with a knowing smile. Beth prayed for a black hoole to swallow her whole.

'I'm not blushing.'

'Sure, and pigs can fly. There's no need to be shy, I loved it. My woman is a little vixen in bed.' Dex said teasingly. Beth was drowning in embarrassment and Dex was making it worse.

'Stop it.' She said.

'That's not what you were saying last night. Infact, you begged me to do the opposite.' He whispered and winked at her as Dr Evans approached them. Beth hissed and looked away from him to the approaching doctor. Dex chuckled.

'Follow me please.' Dr Evans said leading the way. Beth and Dex stood up and followed him to his office. Dex pulled the chair out for Beth and sat himself in the other chair next to her.

For a short moment there was a heavy silence in the room. Dex broke the silence.

'Just tell us.' He snapped.

'The results from the external lab tests are back. Elisabeth's condition is very complicated.'

Dex got up from his chair and went t ostand behind Beth's with his hands on her shoulders.

'What are you saying?' Beth asked nervously.

'We can either go on and terminate the pregnancy then operate on you, which gives very high chances of survival at 95%.  Since you've been refusing, we have another option but it's survival chances are less than 5%. The specialists have highly advised against it.'

Beth tensed beneath Dex's touch. He felt it and looked at Dr Evans.

'Forget it. We'll go with the first.'

'I want to hear more about the second option.' Beth said softly with a shaking voice. Dex fixed his stern glare on her and tried to stop Dr Evans from saying anything more but Beth was persistent.

'Operate on you in the 12th week of your pregnancy without terminating the pregancy. Hopefully both you and the pregnancy will be saved but again, the chances of that are slim to none for both mother and baby. We will have our best doctors peforming the procedure though. Whatever your answer is, I need it as soon as yesterday.' Dr Evans said with sympathy.

Beth  protested when Dex seemed to have made a decision already. Seeing the tension in the room, Dr Evans excused himself.

'I'll give a a few minutes to talk.'

As soon as he closed the door, Dex lost it.

'Are you out of your mind? 5% Beth, does that mean anything to you?'