2

The evening came faster than Suga had intended.

After the class, he and Asahi went back for their apartment; Suga disappearing into his room for a small bit.

Asahi was situated on the couch, watching whatever reality show had decided to come on. He had intended to change it but.. it seemed intriguing enough.

Checking the time on his phone, Asahi was about to yell for Suga to tell him he was going to be late if he didn't get a move on. However, Suga appeared out of his room before Asahi got the chance.

Koshi was just in a black collared shirt and jeans. He looked a bit uncomfortable, but it was only because he wasn't one to wear things like collared shirts. He felt like a preppy lacrosse player.

Asahi looked over to him, his expression softening. "Ah, you look great!"

"It's just the dress code." Suga shrugged in a non-expressive manner. Patting the back of his jeans, he made sure he had his phone and wallet on him. "Well.. off I go, I guess."

Sitting up, Asahi's brow furrowed, watching the other closely. "You seem upset." He stated obviously.

Suga was going to deny it, but he just sighed instead, messing with the hem of his shirt. "I just - I don't know. That stuff Nishinoya was saying earlier..  about meeting my true love and all that. What if it happens?" Suga's brows dipped as he looked up to Asahi, almost like a wounded puppy.

"And? Would that be such a bad thing?" Asahi raised an eyebrow now, taking the remote to turn down the volume of the TV.

Sugawara looked to the TV as Asahi did so. It was some girl crying because : "I thought he loved me!"

That only made Suga's stomach sink more. He bit his lip, gaze moving back to Asahi. "Well.. no but what about -"

"-No - no buts." Asahi frowned, standing up. "No 'what ifs' and no 'maybes',"

His gaze was firm; almost scary. "I get it, you and Daichi had your whole thing going on, but it's time to move on. If he still wanted you, he would've come by now. It's been years, Koshi. Don't you think if something was to happen, it would've by now?"

That was the part that Suga didn't want to admit. He didn't want to admit that Asahi was right. He loved Daichi, and rightfully so. The two had done everything together, and when they broke up, Suga didn't take it very well.

There was just... something..  tiny inside of Sugawara that made him want to believe that something would happen again. That he could get Daichi back and everything would go back to normal. But that hope was slowly fading away.

Asahi's gaze softened again, and he moved to Suga, placing a hand on the other's shoulder. "Just try and enjoy this, okay? Maybe Noya is right, maybe you will meet someone. Your new Daichi. Okay? Or maybe you won't, and there'll be nothing to worry about." He tilted his head. "Now go, you're gonna be late." He chuckled softly.

Suga took a small breath and nodded, smiling up to Asahi. "Okay," he turned, heading for the door. "See you, then."

Turning the handle, Suga walked out, but paused to turn back. "Asahi?"

The other looked over, raising his brows.

"Thank you."