A good Morning

Začít od začátku

"Oh no, I was going easy on you. She acted like two maniacs and a complete nutcase. She was knocking on my door, shouted my name and, according to her own words, even flew outside and tapped against my window multiple times. I didn't see it because I was sleeping but there are claw prints on my window so I don't doubt that for a second."

Yep, that sounds like Silver, Sandbar thinks to himself, holding back a laughter upon hearing this narration.

"And she wanted to invite you to this late lunch", Sandbar takes a guess but the griffon just shakes his head.

"You would think that but it's way more complicated. The thing is, I was the first one she asked to join her."

"Wait... what? She didn't ask Smolder, Yona or Ocellus first? Why? They are living in the same building as her."

"That's exactly what I said!", Gallus comments the pony's interjection, throwing his arms into the air before dropping himself on his back, resting his head on a wadded blanket, "She just said something about the alphabet and I stopped listening until she mentioned you and that she would go to your room next. So, to save you from the same experience, I offered to take care of you so she can ask the girls."

Hearing that makes Sandbar's heart skip a beat, realizing that Gallus tried to protect him from Silverstream's little wake-up-call.

Aw Gallus...

"So we're having lunch soon.", Sandbar mumbles as he stretches his limbs to wake them up for good, "I could really use something eat now that I think about it so I should better get ready. But first..."

Sandbar steps in front of the lying griffon and taps his knee, causing the griffon to give him his attention and raising his upper-body again until he returns to his former position. The moment he can reach his boyfriend's face, he plants a peck on one of his cheeks before finishing his sentence.

"Good morning Gallus."

A wink accompanies this greeting, which sends a light chill down the feather-covered male's spine as he gently touches the now completely bright red cheek, almost as if he can't believe what just happened.

"I'll be right back, just need a quick shower", Sandbar explains as he gathers a few things like his toothbrush, a bottle of shampoo and a white towel, "Just wait here so we can head right out when I'm back."

"S-Sure thing! I'll be right here, don't worry", Gallus calls back with a slightly shaking voice and a weak, almost nervous-sounding laughter before dropping back on his back the moment the pony closes the door behind himself.

Yeah... I could really get used to this..., the blue-yellow male gushes over the recent kiss, hugging the pillow not far from him and squeezing it tightly, his entire head slowly taking on the same hue his cheeks have shown ever since.

The hallway is completely empty so it surprises Sandbar a bit when he sees a couple of ponies in the bathroom, three in total but all of them are minding their own business. A dark-gray pony Sandbar knows from his Honesty class is washing his white mane while a pale yellow unicorn right next to him helps him by holding the supplies he currently doesn't need, like a towel or a comb. The last pony, a red pegasus, is brushing his teeth while checking himself out in the mirror. Upon noticing the new visitor, the unicorn greets Sandbar with a friendly smile and, almost as if that move triggered the remaining ones, the other two wave in his direction. He waves back before heading for the shower room in which eight separate shower stalls are lined up in two rows, four on each side and each of them has a different curtain attached to it to give its user the most privacy possible. Currently, none of these are in use so Sandbar chooses the one in the furthest left corner, the stall with the blue curtain, and hangs the towel right next to it on a hook before placing his shampoo bottle and the utensils he needs for brushing his teeth in two of the three holders meant for shampoo, conditioner, spray or anything else a pony could need to make the most of the situation. Slowly, he turns the two knobs meant for temperature regulation until he reaches his favorite setting. The first time he used one of these showers, he spends almost ten minutes trying to find the right temperature and upon finding it, he immediately memories the amount of turning he had to do on each knob so it only takes a few seconds to reconstruct it. After that, he pulls a lever to activate the pump and get the water running. Usually he spends fifteen to twenty minutes in the shower, relaxing and thinking about all sorts of things but not this time. He knows that Gallus and the rest of his friends are waiting for him, so he wastes no time and after six minutes he turns off the water and takes his towel into the stall to dry his coat, tail and especially his mane, which is now covering one of his eyes completely. After completely drying off his coat, Sandbar gathers his stuff and leaves the stall to head for one of the unoccupied sinks. The bathroom is completely empty now which gives him all the privacy he desires though he doesn't have much time to enjoy it. He squeezes some of the toothpaste onto his toothbrush before putting it into his mouth, cleaning his teeth for two minutes before spitting the rest out. After that, he takes a sip of tap-water to neutralize the lingering minty aftertaste.